How to setup my domain? not subdomain

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulx10h

Reaction score
I went into phpMyAdmin and changed the 'wp_options" / 'siteurl' back to 'paul.x10host.com'
but, I still can't Log-On to the wp-admin for the site
wow - I really broke this one
Should I abandon it and just start over to build a new site ???

paulx10h

Reaction score
FINALLY
It was giving me a Not Found Error
-but- I guess I have waited long enough since I changed the wp_options siteurl back to paul.x10host.com
just now - I can Log-On to the wp-admin function -but- still no WordPress Address (URL) or Site Address (URL) on Settings => General.....
so - now - I have a Domain for medrpt.com on the paul.x10host.com site
.....the GoDaddy nameserver points to ns1 & 2 .x10hosting.com - no Forwarding
.....the wp_options siteurl set to paul.x10host.com
but the medrpt.com still takes me to the correct page - paul.x10host.com -but- without the medrpt.com in the address ?????

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Odd that you don't see those settings in wordpress Settings -> General. This is how it looks for me in top section:'
capture.png

In my case the blog resides in the root of the domain I use it for so I have it set the same for both WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL).

If you don't have those options, I'd say that something is wrong with the install, in which case it may be wise to consider starting over, or at the very least go to wordpress.org and download the latest package and replace the current files you have, just make sure you do not overwrite wp-config.php, that way you can keep all posts and settings but get a fresh set of files.

paulx10h

Reaction score
No - no post updated or new
the Settings => General look like:
upload_2013-9-10_12-0-31.png

Could this have anything to do with the 'second' site ie: the medrpt.com Domain...

peppermi

Reaction score
weird you should see it try upgrading to wordpress 3.6
see how in mine it's there
iLDSLNw.png

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Should not matter at all, but I'd advice you to click "update now" in that little yellow bar at the top, keeping up to date is always adviced.

I installed my wordpress manually, perhaps there's a difference if you installed with softaculous, in which case you might have to turn to that part and edit your site there (assuming you did indeed use softaculous to automatically install), it could be something they do with the scripts to keep track of where you have them installed in your account.

Ps. you probably need to use the cPanel x 3 theme for that to work though.

paulx10h

Reaction score
I just updated the WordPress & the Plug-Ins - same results
I have another site with x10 that does not have a second Domain set-up and it looks OK - I can see the Settings -> General and all is there
NOW that I have Updated - all I see is:
upload_2013-9-10_12-13-11.png
NO - Settings -> General ???

peppermi

Reaction score
Your using the multi-site platforum thats why the tasks I was talking about is for single site only

peppermi

Reaction score
well you would have to reinstall but when in softaclious wordpress don't click multi site

paulx10h

Reaction score
When I am where ? - What's softaclious
re-install - huh - how do I un-install / delete the site / re-install (start over)
Should I simply pick another name and start there ?

paulx10h

Reaction score
WIERD - I Logged-Out of WP and Back-In and NOW I see all of the Settings -> General
all except the WordPress Address (URL & Site Address (URL) - - - there not there

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
With multi-site setup you would have the over all admin view (where you can setup different sites within the multisite platform) as well as the "user" view where you can only edit and add posts to the site you have the rights to edit, which is what you see at the moment I'd guess.

I do not personally have any experience and knowledge on all the quirks of the multisite install though.

peppermi

Reaction score
I'm gonna help him when he returns c: he needs to go out for some time

Status
Not open for further replies.