How to use my www.XXX.com domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom1user

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Free Hosting Account and it works fine.
Now, I have registered a XXX.com and I want it to point to XXX.x10hosting.com
So I have two questions :
1) Is it possible ?
2) If yes, how to do it ?

Thanks ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, first you need to log into the service at your domain registrar, and set the name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Once this has been done, you will need to park your domain in cPanel, by going to "Parked Domains" in cPanel and adding your domain in there.

If you have any issues let me know.

dom1user

Reaction score
Hello, first you need to log into the service at your domain registrar, and set the name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Once this has been done, you will need to park your domain in cPanel, by going to "Parked Domains" in cPanel and adding your domain in there.

Thanks very much ;)

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Erm I've just checked out this site and I believe that adult content is prohibited from X10's hosting service.....

He just use xxx instead of his original website...:biggrin:

www(dot)xxx(dot)com is not hosted on x10hosting and even not his website:lol::lol:

Last edited:

Dazz

Reaction score
He just use xxx instead of his original website...:biggrin:

www(dot)xxx(dot)com is not hosted on x10hosting and even not his website:lol::lol:

Then maybe an admin wants to remove the link from this post or is it ok to post links to adult content on the forums now?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, he was not posting a link to adult content on the forums, he was merely masking his domain so people didn't get a hold of it, although i have edited the post to ensure no one can accidentally click on the domain.

luca85

Reaction score
Hi, I've done the things that Hellsheep said, but when I add my domain to the parked domains it says that I cannot park my main domain.
Should I replace my main domain with the original domain that was created when I made my x10 account? And then add the registered domain that I bought as a parked domain?

Please don't laugh at my dumb questions. I'm new at this, be gentle with me. :crying:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
There is another link in post no. 5.... please also delete it!!!!!!

Edit:
If you are using your domain as main domain.... Then every thing should work...

Which one of the following is your main domain???

1) www.yourdomain.com

2) yourname.x10hosting.com

If 1) is you main domain then replace it with 2) and then park 1) from cpanel... If 2) is you main domain then just park 1) from cpanel...

If don`t understand ask again.....

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Luca, you don't need to park your domain if you added it as a main domain, which you have. I can see your site loading fine.

mccclean

Reaction score

Hello.
I'm running into similar problems

my main domain is www.mcccleaningservices.com and my x10hosting site is www.mcccleaningservices.x10hosting.com

I've gone to my www.mcccleaningservices.com domain registrar and have changed name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com
CHECK
Then I've gone into cpanel and parked my www.mcccleaningservices.com [it wouldn't allow me to park my mcccleaningservices.x10hosting.com subdomain, even after I modified my account at http://x10hosting.com/panel.php?modifyaccount to change main account domain to www.mcccleaningservices.com
CHECK
?!?!
My www.mcccleaningservices.com still just goes to my domain registrars' standard 'successful domain registration' page?!
My mcccleaningservices.x10hosting.com still works?! Even after chagning it to mcccleaningservices.com
in the main account domain field under Mofdify account details at http://x10hosting.com/panel.php?modifyaccount.

Please help me understand where I went wrong,
Thanks in advance for your reply

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
change your main domain to mcccleaningservices.x10hosting.com and wait for some time. so that your request will be proceeded. Then park the mcccleaningservices.com domain from cpanel....

Remember it take time so just be relax

yapanuwan

Reaction score
I understand everything. I've parked my domain. Should I set the 'redirection' to anything? What is meant by 'redirection'?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.