How To Use Your x10 Account

Reaction score
This Tutorial Will Teach You How To use cPanel, FTP, etc.​

Note: yourdomain.com means the domain you own e.g. x10hosting.com. If you have a subdomain e.g. forums.x10hosting.com, that will still be reffered to as yourdomain.com

cPanel:
cPanel can be found at http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel. You will login with your username that you sigened up with, and password. To set up MySQL and FTP, you will need to use cPanel.

MySQL:
MySQL needs to be setup in cPanel. Here are the steps to get it working.​

1. Login to cPanel​
  2. Click on MySQL® Database Wizard​
  3. Create a database, I would reccomend typing in "mysql"​
  4. Click next​
  5. Create a user.​
  6. Check "All Privlegs"​
Setting Up MySQL:
This is how you set up MySQL in what ever program uses it.

Host: localhost
User: Your cPanel Username_The Username You Created
Database: Your cPanel Username_Database You Created
Password: The password you set up

FTP:
Login to cPanel, and click "FTP accounts". Create a account. The FTP server is ftp.yourdomain.com. Login with the account you set up. Put your files in "www".​

bigjoe4

Reaction score
What is MySQL? I've just ignored it so far cos I didn't know what it was.

Sohail

Reaction score
Haha, what's the point in signing up if you have no idea what MySQL is. It's a database that can be used by the web script known as PHP.

Nice tutorial by the way.

port5900

Reaction score
Haha, what's the point in signing up if you have no idea what MySQL is.
Boy every time i read a mean comment from you I hit the blue button lol.

MySql keeps data on the website for you. For example these comments are saved in a Sql Database then shown on the page when requested. Also its where your user name password and profile info is saved.

hellix

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but this is not entirely correct. MySQL is not a type of database, it is DBMS, that is, Database Management System. All databases are in their essence the same thing - a package of stuctured data. The only difference is coming from the way they are menaged - e.g. the menagement system used, like MySQL, Oracle, etc., etc. ...

Sorry for spam, but users shouldn't be confused on important matters... Most of them can make a site without any deep knowledge of the system components, but more errors come from knowing something wrong, than not knowing it at all ;)

dawit

Reaction score
It seams the content of this thread has been diverted. as a new user i came to see tips on how to use my account but you are arguing about mysql. so can we go back and could any one tell more like why i was loaked out:lockd: in just two weeks or so after creating the account?

stunna

Reaction score
Pretty kool althought most people would know about this stuff.

4h26x

Reaction score
why cant i open my website or even my cpanel????
i just signed up a few 6 hours ago then now i received the message that my hosting is created..

will this still be active????
or its gonna take a few hours again to create the website????

ajrreed

Reaction score
It takes a little while to log into cpanel ( a day or so) once you initially setup your account. I know I was excited too & wanted to setup straight away!!!

kkenny

Reaction score
It takes a little while to log into cpanel ( a day or so) once you initially setup your account. I know I was excited too & wanted to setup straight away!!!

Wow, where did you get that information from?
Once your account is activated, the cPanel should be working from the start. If not go call for help at the Support Forum / IRC.

returns

Reaction score
i tried to setup my mysql database rite after i got my site setup and i get a error saying.

Sorry, you have exceeded the maximum allowed databases.

but i never tried to make one and it says theres not a mysql database =*(.so can anyone help me?

techbob

Reaction score
Wow, where did you get that information from?
Once your account is activated, the cPanel should be working from the start. If not go call for help at the Support Forum / IRC.

I have been trying to log into cPanel since I opened the account yesterday. Tells me the account doesn't exist. I was going to keep trying over time to see if it was a matter of "setup". Guess not. :dunno:

Reaction score
i tried to setup my mysql database rite after i got my site setup and i get a error saying.

Sorry, you have exceeded the maximum allowed databases.

but i never tried to make one and it says theres not a mysql database =*(.so can anyone help me?

Try again.. Does it work now?