How Would You Rate X10Hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasys

Reaction score
Dizzy said:
hey if u dont like it here that much then dont be here and start blabing about other better companys if u gonna do so do it somewhere else but not here this is the best ive seen in my whole life so leave if u dont like it.

LOL..Its my wish...But Like I said , I have noting against this hosting nor you in the first place ...Thats your wish , if you like..Thats your personal opinon

But again , I know SSH/Terminal/Shell is not a common/regular feature found in Web Hosting companies. But again , I got no reply , when I even asked the admins , that I am willing to pay for the function . This what puts me down..At least , they should tell that , "We will charge USD$ x.yz for the function"

Again , Like I said before ,I do not mind paying it.....I know I am getting out of bounds...But then again , I am helping this place (like helping the members)

nicholas

Reaction score
conor, i will change my signature to " i will not be too helpful anymore because its not suppose to be my business " is that ok with u? :biggrin:

i am not ignorant. my view is, if i can help, i will help. if no one is around to help, and i can help, i help. simple and as logical as that. you dont need to be a policeman to help someone who is been robbed, if u are able to help, ok. by posting in the application form to me is helping too. alot of them just dont bother to read all the necessary faqs, which i totally dont understand. sometimes i post is because my time is in +8 GMT. and maybe u guys are sleeping due to different timing. so when i see such a post, i'll help. if when i help, i give the wrong infor, fine then i shouldnt help at all. conor, the way u put it in pm is like i am taking your jobs away and please mind my own business.

conor, i will remove my signature as a goodwill gesture to stop all this unnecessary cyber bickering. my intentions have always been good, except the signature thing, it is just to show my irritation :biggrin: if i did offend you in anyway, i apologise.

another thing is regarding the prasys issue, i was the 1 who want him to provide the link because i dont believe what he said. i dont think he is comparing apple with orange but he did go on to say if i want i can pm him and ask for the link, which i still have not pm him. so it is not his fault that he wants to pm me the link.

lets stop all this before it gets out of point. i think all of us want to be here for a long long time, including the free hosting provided :smile: i think all of us have a role to play one way or another. and i am glad the thread "site down" is closed because i find too many people complaining about their site not up yet etc. before we want to talk about how x10hosting can improve, lets talk about how we members can improve 1st.

cheers

Rhianna

Reaction score
prasys said:
But again , I know SSH/Terminal/Shell is not a common/regular feature found in Web Hosting companies. But again , I got no reply , when I even asked the admins , that I am willing to pay for the function . This what puts me down..At least , they should tell that , "We will charge USD$ x.yz for the function"

Again , Like I said before ,I do not mind paying it.....I know I am getting out of bounds...But then again , I am helping this place (like helping the members)

Prasys,

This is a free hosting service. We can offer free plans if we keep it simple.

A paid hosting service might offer a more diverse variety of hosting plans.

Would you ask Tripod or Geocities if they would include SSH/Terminal/Shell in their plans? Good luck (Tripod & Geocities both sux).

The plans are like a prix-fixe meal at a restaurant. You want the economic deal? You have to choose from the limited choices, but the choices are usually good.

Chris

Reaction score
Rhianna said:
Your posts would lead someone to believe that a SSH/Terminal/Shell is a regular feature of free hosting, but it's not.

Funny how even a MySQL database isn't regularly made available on a lot of free hosts. More and more hosts are adding this feature, but it still is uncommon for free hosts.

prasys

Reaction score
Rhianna said:
Prasys,

This is a free hosting service. We can offer free plans if we keep it simple.

A paid hosting service might offer a more diverse variety of hosting plans.

Would you ask Tripod or Geocities if they would include SSH/Terminal/Shell in their plans? Good luck (Tripod & Geocities both sux).

The plans are like a prix-fixe meal at a restaurant. You want the economic deal? You have to choose from the limited choices, but the choices are usually good.

I know this is a Free Hosting Service. But , since you are also offering custom plans (paid) , thats why I wanted SSH/Shell/Terminal. Well , you have pay-to-remove ads service and pay-to-get-extras...I will ask the admins about the custom plans

Anyway , I have to agree with nicholas , yes. Each of us are here to help each other

Rhianna

Reaction score
prasys said:
I know this is a Free Hosting Service. But , since you are also offering custom plans (paid) , thats why I wanted SSH/Shell/Terminal. Well , you have pay-to-remove ads service and pay-to-get-extras...I will ask the admins about the custom plans

Corey said:
We can work out a custom plan if you'd like. If you use PayPal you can pay month to month, if you want to use Visa or Mastercard directly without PayPal you have to pay 3 months in advance :) [1]
but the reference to a custom plan was in regard to the broader topic of the thread, New Option: Pay to remove advertisements!
The custom plan was in regard to a payment plan (i.e. pay in advance to remove advertisements), the custom plan was not meant to discuss SSH/Shell/Terminals or other advanced options.

If you want some option that you are really willing to pay for, PM Corey.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm closing the thread, it's waaaaaaaayyyyy off topic now :)

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.