HRU (High Resource Usage) Policy Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Note that "News and Announcements" threads aren't for support requests. Anyone having problems on the free servers should open their own thread in the "Free Hosting" forum.

On the subject of the new resource usage monitoring system, are there any other limits? The old system (for example) also placed limits on CPU utilization, memory utilization and concurrent processes.

vekou

Reaction score
I think, this new system will change the tides towards WordPress users. Before, we are not recommended to use caching plugins since it can cause HRUs. But now, I think it is recommended to use caching plugins. The only time the CPU usage will rise is during the initial caching of the pages, after that, I don't think it can hog that much CPU resources especially if you use Cloudflare.

Last edited:

wc3garage82

Reaction score
kinda having problems with my forum with this one, it usually triggers HRU because of the tasks (when they are run by the forum).

your_death_1994

Reaction score
It'll be back up in a few mins, and again this is the "News and Announcements" forums not "Free Hosting" forums.
This might be happening because of the reasons listed.

High resource usage scripts.
Poorly coded scripts.
Time to upgrade.

josefluke

Reaction score
Ever since I starting using x10 hosting I haven't had any problems. But ever since this update took place my website keeps getting the 'Resource Limit Hit' x10 message screen. I know that x10 hosting is a free service but guys do you have to deliberately cause downtime with people's websites this much to get them to upgrade to your paid service? It's ridiculous now as I'm losing many guests to my website forum.

I had considered upgrading to your paid hosting but owing to the lack of replies of why your free hosting is having so many errors and now this latest 'Resource Hit Limit' Error I'm having many many doubts it would be a good idea and am now looking at alternative paid hosting services.

Why would I even reach a resource Limit hit? My website receives relatively low web traffic and has few complicated scripts.

your_death_1994

Reaction score
If i switch to Paid/Premium Hosting on x10, does the HRU affect me? I'm currently on free hosting, and thinking of upgrading.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
If i switch to Paid/Premium Hosting on x10, does the HRU affect me? I'm currently on free hosting, and thinking of upgrading.

Hello,

The premium hosting has different resource usage allocations which can be found in the terms of service here.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
As previously stated, we do not provide support in news threads. Since no further discussions on the topic that are not support related are being made it is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.