HTML and CSS problem

marshian

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a new look for my site, and I was going great in IE7 when I decided to check wether it worked in FF...
http://www.marshian.uk.to/images/
If you see it in IE, it's what it is supposed to be, if you see it in FF... I suppose it's clear that's not the purpose...

Could anyone help me out with making this junk work in firefox too?

Thanks,
Marshian

bigjoe4

Reaction score
This probably isn't helpfull but it doesn't work properly in Opera either, although it does work in Safari.

Last edited:

woiwky

Reaction score
You need to get rid of the spaces between the number and px in '400 px' and '15 px' in the .box and .inbox classes respectively. Remember that spaces can be used to separate values for sub-properties. Such as 'padding: 0px 1px 2px 3px;' to set padding-top/-right/-bottom/-left. Also, you need to change align to text-align in .inbox.

marshian

Reaction score
thanks woiwky, it works now!
but i always thought it had to be "10 px" instead of "10px", thanks for pointing me at this mistake...

mattura

Reaction score
Yep, you still need to remove a couple of white spaces, or firefox will ignore the style rule.
Consider downloading firebug for firefox - it is a great web development tool that will help you see the errors in your code you never thought you'd find!
It also parses the code nicely and shows when style rules are overruled etc. Great piece of software.

marshian

Reaction score
Thanks, I downloaded it right away!
And I found the IE version too: Microsoft Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar