Huge, repeating problem with signing in. Then after many tries, I can finally get to my channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstrongx

Reaction score
Hi,

For some reason I get the following message when I try ton sign in.

There is a problem with your request
Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or current connection has been blocked due to frequent abuse. If you are connecting via a network proxy, VPN, or Tor, please disable the service, sign-out, and then sign-in again.

If you believe this decision is a mistake please get in touch on our Community Forums or email support@x10hosting.com. When contacting us via email, please send from your account's contact address, copy the text shown above, and if applicable, include your IP address.

x10Hosting, LLC
Free web hosting for the masses since 2004.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
It's usually what the message says.

Are you using..
  • the same computer you signed up with?
  • the same ISP that you FIRST signed up with?
  • an IP address from that ISP?

tstrongx

Reaction score
No--i signed up a while ago. Nothing is the same. Last month, I had luck signing in through the local library, but that trick isn't working anymore.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
You'll find that you can't go logging into different locations without this happening due to the one free account, per user policy. I've read that others have tried sharing the same free accounts from different ISP's in the past.

• So your original ISP is different..
  • Then you used a library ISP
  • And now you're where?
I'd make sure you're at home while posting here, or where ever you're going to login in most from ... so when an admin gets here they can see what's going on, and what to unblock. :)

tstrongx

Reaction score
Really? I have one little website, one email address. That's it. I sometimes log in from my cellphone it it computer if i'm away from home and need to log in to stop an inactivity shutdown or i'll use my computer from a different location for the same reason. I travel and I want to avoid the 30 day lock out. I guess I have to leave this place.

tstrongx

Reaction score
I just got in briefly! So I'm good for another month. But then I tried to get to my cpanel and I got kicked back to the lock out page. I guess I get what I pay for. I have to look around for another service, hopefully get my files down and move on, unless someone can figure this out.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
I have one little website, one email address.

Sure. But you seem (from what you've told me) to be logging in from..
  1. Your original sign up ISP (you don't have any more)
  2. Library IP
  3. Phone carrier IP
  4. Your newer home ADSL ISP IP
To protect all free users from those *ankers that sign up with many accounts hogging disc space, cpu, ram etc, the x10 T.O.S policy is one user per account. We agreed to that at the time of sign up. The system watches ISP / IP logins to do that.

I presume (I'm just a free member like you) the system has a history of at least three different ISP's that in the past and present, have logged into your account.

I always use the same home ISP, thus I never have an issue.
If you need more flexibility, then a paid account will solve that.

I've tried all the other free web host mobs, and I can tell you from experience x10 is the best of the lot. Sure the forum is a bit slow, but at least there is one .. sure we have to ask for disc space increases ... but it protects everyone from hogs ... sure we have to be careful what ISP we login from, but that again is to protect all the free users.

An admin will help - but to do so, they'll need to know which one of your ISP's to whitelist.

Anyway, that's my 10 cents worth. :)

Last edited:

tstrongx

Reaction score
When I travel, I use my smart phone to log on just to prevent my account from being disabled. When I'm homr, I use the library. I wonder if they'd whitelist two places for me: phone and home library.

Status
Not open for further replies.