I cannot access my website from my own network, but others can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shant93

Reaction score
Whenever I try to access my website (below), I get an error on my browser saying that it cannot connect, from any computers on my network, although anywhere else I try from, it works. I don't really care about it, I just want the PHP source codes, but I can't even access it from FTP. My status is unsuspended, I cannot log in to CPanel.

http://www.0x31.x10hosting.com/
it has two parts, DEVCOMM, the main one, and some other one that I forget.

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I am able to load your site fine. The home page does not exist so it loads an Index viewing.

Try visiting your site using a proxy at http://www.hidemyass.com. There might be an ISP/Firewall issue.

shant93

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, it is normal that there is no index file on the root directory.

Thanks for your help, the proxy worked, but I still don't know how to access my FTP.

Update:

And I am having trouble accessing the CPanel file manager through proxies. I've tried legacy and regular.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, it is normal that there is no index file on the root directory.
There is no need to have an index file in the root directory.
If you wish to have a typical website like virtually all websites you find on the Internet you will need to have an index file in the public_html directory. If there is no index file in the public_html directory then your site will return a directory listing, (as your site does).

shant93

Reaction score
Sorry for the misunderstanding, what I meant by root directory was public directory. But that is not the point. Is there any reason I cannot access my site only from my network?

Also, I just realized I cannot access the Starka server at all. Could something be blocking my access to Starka? Or, could starka be blocking my access?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Sure. Sounds like the x10 firewall is blocking your IP. Could be due to several failed log ins. Or attempts to make secure connections (SFTP or ssh).

Will escalate this to a Support Ticket so Staff can check it out for you. They might have to ask you your IP where the problem is happening.

This will close the thread by you can access the Ticket via the yellow bar at the top to the thread or through your Account Panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.