Resolved I can't access DirectAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a bit of a long story...

Illuminated was a service that was offered until 2015 as an upgrade to free hosting. In 2015, the option was removed and could not be purchased anymore. This means that all illuminated accounts would be reverted back into regular hosting accounts after the last renewal in 2015.

The illuminated upgrade was then left in limbo. The service wasn't offered, it wasn't billed, but the upgrades were never taken back, and the users were never moved to a regular free server.

At the end of 2019, x10 switched from cPanel to DirectAdmin. There was no longer an illuminated upgrade in 2019, so these accounts were treated the same as free accounts. In the transfer process, the illuminated users were assigned a new server just like everyone else. But, illuminated users weren't logging in like free users are required. So the new accounts for users that were formerly illuminated users were suspended if the user didn't log in

TLDR; illuminated was stopped in 2015 and your account was deleted because you didn't log in every 30 days like a regular non-illuminated user

However, as you can see, the files are not gone. So, an administrator will have to recover them for you and get them back onto your new DirectAdmin account. I'm requesting someone look into this for you.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I spoke to the head admin. He needs some time to work on it, but he is aware.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I sent him a reminder but I have not seen the result yet

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. I sent the request in again.

peter.szucs.dev46

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thank you! The Website works again! Do I need to log in every month as an illuminated member? (I hope not!)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you must log in once every 30 days (not once a month, which could be 31)

Illuminated is no longer a service that is offered, so your plan is actually x10hosting free, which is what everyone has right now who does not pay for x10hosting premium.

peter.szucs.dev46

Prime Account
Reaction score
Ok, so with what credentials do I need to log in and where?
My account is already deleted for years.

peter.szucs.dev46

Prime Account
Reaction score
I see "open cpanel" button and this: "We are currently performing migrations and maintenance on our backend systems, logging into the system may periodically be impacted. Please read https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/ for more information."

It seems to be on cpanel, which is perfectly fine with me. Does that still mean that I need to log in every month?

Thanks for fixing my website! :)

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
yes Unfortunately, you must log in using that same link once every 30 days to avoid suspension (not once a month, which could be 31)

the cpanel button opens the directadmin control panel.
which is a replacement for the original C panel on free hosting.
only paid hosting has the c panel instead. (they never edited the button)

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I need to look through the history on this forum. I had another user and we solved this, but unfortunately I don't have time to look at it tonight and I have no recollection of what was done.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a Corey issue, the account still appears to be on Illuminated server which I can not access, same as we have had a few others that from what it looks never was migrated properly when Illuminated was dealt with a few months back.

As long as the info says user is on Illuminated it means Corey didn't sort it out yet, so we'll have to keep reminding him

peter.szucs.dev46

Prime Account
Reaction score
Look, I really don't want to bother you and I really don't want this crazy hosting, where I need to log in every month. This is not illuminated anymore...
I have other hosting providers, but I have shared URLs to others and I would like to keep the URLs working.
So would it be possible to keep the DNS sajty.elementfx.com and relocated the server to another provider?
For you, this would mean you don't need to deal with the problematic illuminated website anymore and I can have the website without monthly logins. So it's a win-win deal. Can we do that?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If I understand what your asking,
You want to use a URL that belongs to x10hosting (elementfx.com)
to go to a different web-host, but without having the x10 account.

i dont think x10hosting allows that.
but i might be wrong but thats just my opinion.
you have to wait for staff to reply.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If an admin can release it from the nameserver, I'll host the domain for you. I also asked again for the transfer. Whichever happens first, you're welcome to. I'll post here if I get notification of the transfer. If any admins read this, if they release the domain, please let me know so I can add it to my x10premium account

Status
Not open for further replies.