I need my domain name linked to my new web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolemc

Reaction score
Hi,

I deleted opencart and added a new installation but when I added nicolemcneill.com it does not show under http://nicolemcneill.com/zennicolem/

I need nicolemcneill.com as my domain name because this is how I marketed it already. Also where is x10hosting chat. Is it still here?

nicolemc

Reaction score

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Nicole,

You can accomplish this by either re-adding your domain as an addon domain and pointing it to your "zennicolem" directory, or you could alternatively move all the files inside "zennicolem" to its parent directory (public_html). ;)

Thank you,

nicolemc

Reaction score
ho
Hi Nicole,

You can accomplish this by either re-adding your domain as an addon domain and pointing it to your "zennicolem" directory, or you could alternatively move all the files inside "zennicolem" to its parent directory (public_html). ;)

Thank you,
how to readd it? I didn't do it. x10hosting and Godaddy did for me.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Nicole,

In your cPanel, please go into "Parked Domains" and remove the parked domain from there. Once you've done this, you can then go back to your cPanel homepage and go into "Addon Domains" and re-add it there, with the Document Root pointing to /public_html/zennicolem. :)

Thank you,

nicolemc

Reaction score
Hi Nicole,

In your cPanel, please go into "Parked Domains" and remove the parked domain from there. Once you've done this, you can then go back to your cPanel homepage and go into "Addon Domains" and re-add it there, with the Document Root pointing to /public_html/zennicolem. :)

Thank you,
it won't allow me. It's saying it already exists in the apache configuration.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Nicole,

Do you get this error message when deleting the parked domain or creating the addon domain? Are you definitely deleting the old parked domain first? :)

Thank you,

nicolemc

Reaction score
Now it's not pointed to anything and nicolemcneill.com/zennicolem is not showing anymore.

nicolemc

Reaction score
It says when I type www.nicolemcneill.com :
Domain Pending
The website you've attempted to access is pending setup. This can happen if you've attempted to access a domain that does not yet exist. Try again in a few moments by flushing your web browser's cache and fully restarting it.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Nicole,

If you have definitely cleared your browser's cache (not to be confused with your browser's history, as these are separate), this may be due to your ISP caching your pages. In this case, you will need to wait. This normally takes less than 24 hours. :)

Thank you,

nicolemc

Reaction score
Hi Nicole,

If you have definitely cleared your browser's cache (not to be confused with your browser's history, as these are separate), this may be due to your ISP caching your pages. In this case, you will need to wait. This normally takes less than 24 hours. :)

Thank you,
ok, i will let you know what happens tomorrow. Thanks

nicolemc

Reaction score
Hi Nicole,

Thank you,
Ok, it's not working. It's still the same.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Nicole,

I can still see your site fine. Have you tried in a different browser? :)

Thank you,

nicolemc

Reaction score
Hi Nicole,

I can still see your site fine. Have you tried in a different browser? :)

Thank you,
Hi,

I did. I can see the front page in internet explorer. I was looking in firefox but in internet explorer when I click on the links to my work it says 404 page not found. I need another browser to work on my website. I wasn't finished.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Nicole,

It looks like that your .htaccess file contained the line "RewriteBase /zennicolem". As you are now accessing your site from "/" rather than "/zennicolem", this line was causing problems. I went ahead and changed the line to "RewriteBase /" for you, which now appears to resolved this. :)

Additionally, if you are seeing a different page in one of these two browsers, it would suggest that your browser's cache has not been cleared properly. Please refer to your browser's help area for instructions to do this properly. ;)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.