Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Firefox 2

Votes: 154 82.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

zero5854

Reaction score
Me personally, I like IE7 better, but NOT for security. I depend on my Kaspersky for this though.

Yes FF is faster and by itself more secure due to the fact that it runs totally independent of your OS so if there WAS a flaw in the browser you wouldnt completely expose ur system.

HOWEVER I like the sleek up-to-date look of IE 7 as well as its simple click new tab feature vs Firefox you have to goto the taskbar to open a new tab...yes im lazy...lol.
Honestly I use both browser and I think they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
FF is better because i've never had ad problems with FF but with IE I had like LOTS of pop-up problems and adware problems.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
If you're lazy like me, get the Mouse Gestures extension for Firefox.

This is my current config:
Hold right click+drag up = new tab
Hold right click+drag down = refresh
Hold right click+drag left = back
Hold right click+drag right = forward
Hold right click+drag right, left, right = close firefox

Quite simple. I can never go back to IE; ever! Adblock Plus is great too..

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah I think FF has alot more plugins.

Kiefer.Starcraft

Reaction score
FireFox, no doubt.

It parses data extremely efficiently compared to IE7. IE7 seems like a joke to me. o_O

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
Firefox definitly. If I ever need to use IE, I just use the IE Tab ext for FF to view the page in IE.

Rolyin

Reaction score
why wasnt opera in here?
Personally out of them two i would choose Firefox tho, its much better.

russia

Reaction score
i priver opera too.
but I have Opera IE7 and FireFox installed on my pc to test the sites.

cointoss

Reaction score
FF takes the cake. First, there's the obvious security reasons. Secondly, FF is faster. Plus they have tons of great add-ons. They even have an add-on that opens a web page in IE right on a FF tab (useful if you find a website that doesn't support FF, you don't even have to exit your browser.)

Plus, you can add every news site (or sites that you want to monitor changes to) to your bookmarks, then open all the sites into tabs with one click. It's great, especially for research.

I could never go back to IE now.

matthewk

Reaction score
I think if you like IE 7 look, then you can just get a IE 7 theme for Firefox. I used Opera for a long time, but I switched to Firefox when I found a wand extension for it. Then, I got an Opera theme, because I was used to the look and feel of Opera.

Hosting4Life

Reaction score
I like FireFox better because not only its fast speed but also its extensions. I am glad that I discovered FireFox and I am loving it! :biggrin:

Zepheria

Reaction score
I use k-meleon. Its a lightweight browser based off the same core as firefox and it runs a lot faster. IE sucks and Firefox is OK.

amrclutch1

Reaction score
To make a new tab in firefox double click the tab area it will create a new empty tab.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
I think IE will never be able to be as good as FireFox.

I like IE speed but not its security , and stability. This is because there is so many plugins which just keeps coming, if one do not know what they are doing, one can get malware, popup ups.

FireFox allows very good customization on the type of plugin we need.No spyware can really make use of firefox without user verification to install it. No popups windows. I am able to add popup blocker. Many cool things, modify it to a way that it looks so cool. Especially the themes can be changed to your preferences, Excellent Security, able to enforce more security.

FireFox Rocks to the max, especially the firefox booster which allows me to access X10hosting, much faster than IE.

eternaldrive

Reaction score
Well out of those two i have to say firefox tbh i wouldn't touch IE ever again and if I could remove it I would. A better poll would be Opera v Firefox, the only reason why IE is effective in capturing the market is everyone using windows has it.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Me personally, I like IE7 better, but NOT for security. I depend on my Kaspersky for this though.

Yes FF is faster and by itself more secure due to the fact that it runs totally independent of your OS so if there WAS a flaw in the browser you wouldnt completely expose ur system.

HOWEVER I like the sleek up-to-date look of IE 7 as well as its simple click new tab feature vs Firefox you have to goto the taskbar to open a new tab...yes im lazy...lol.
Honestly I use both browser and I think they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Ever heard about Ctrl + T? I find firefox much better, and not only because it's safer and faster, but because it has tons of useful add ons and IE doesn't. For a web developer, it's always useful to have a measuring tool and the Web Developer toolbar... The only problem with Firefox, is that some sites, the most secure ones require the usage of IE, but that's what IE tab's for...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Firefox. If you enjoy the whole IE7 thing, you're at risk of stuff that firefox is blocking.

I'm kinda biased though; last I checked my site doesn't fit the w3c standards, but it DOES render like it's supposed to in Firefox. Doesn't in IE7; the table columns which I specifically set at 150 (think it was 150) show up as 1/3 of the screen instead of being a fixed width :/

In any case though, I do need someone to answer me a question: What is IE7's "simple click new tab feature," and is it anything like middle-mouse clicking on ANY link in firefox and having it open in a new tab?

Cause Ctrl+t and the new tab button are one thing, but middleclicking a link and having it open in a new tab without messing with the main one's been in since at least firefox 1.5 (when I started using FF)...

Edit: Quick catch, when I said you're at risk of stuff firefox is blocking, I meant the auto-installing keyloggers that I've had the unfortunate luck to pick up more than once in IE even with good browsing habits; the same ones FF doesn't auto-install, and with the NoScript extention, frequently doesn't even get the command to (block Javascript on any NON-whitelisted site :) )

Last edited:

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I really can't chose between Opera and Firefox. Opera has great function and a lot of innovation which makes internet browsing a lot faster (mouse gestures, quick launch, etc...) and I also love the complete options menu at the left part of the screen. Firefox has a lot of addons available, which is great, as it can almost get all Opera's features but slow it down a little bit when too many addons are installed.

And I never use IE7. I still think it is a very good improvement on previous versions but still lack new features. I tried it for a while and somewhat liked it but came back to Firefox.