Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Firefox 2

Votes: 154 82.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

naynesh

Reaction score
Also i was using Internet Explorer and i thought it was Better than mozilla.Because windows Internet Explorer (formerly Microsoft Internet Explorer abbreviated MSIE), commonly abbreviated to IE, is a series of proprietary graphical web browsers developed by Microsoft and included as part of the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems starting in 1995.

After the first release for Windows 95, additional versions of Internet Explorer were developed for other operating systems: Internet Explorer for Mac and Internet Explorer for UNIX (the latter for use through the X Window System on Solaris and HP-UX). Only the Windows version remains in active development; the Mac OS X version is no longer supported.

It has been the most widely used web browser since 1999, peaking at nearly 90% market share with IE6 in the early 2000s—corresponding to over 900 million users worldwide by 2006.

Though released in 1995 as part of the initial OEM release of Windows 95, Internet Explorer was not included in the first retail, or shrink-wrap, release of Windows 95. The most recent release is version 7.0, which is available as a free update for Windows XP with Service Pack 2, and Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 or later, and is included with Windows Vista. Versions of Internet Explorer prior to 6.0 SP2 are also available as a separate download for versions of Windows prior to Windows XP. An embedded OEM version called Internet Explorer for Windows CE (IE CE) is also available for WinCE based platforms and is currently based on IE6. Another Windows CE/ Windows Mobile browser known as Internet Explorer Mobile is from a different codebase and should not be confused with desktop versions of the browser.
I think when Internet Explorer 8 comes out then the facilities will be very intelligent and will have more features.

FalseHope

Reaction score
Without a doubt, FF. It's fast and easy to use :). Not like IE slow, and not so easy

Swiblet

Reaction score
As a browser, I say that Firefox is better and is more user friendly. However, I do not have to worry about security (people have to worry about THEIR security around me, more like it =3), so I don't mind that. Also, many more things on the internet are only made for Internet explorer, where Firefox simply does not accept certain parts of certain sites. I tried using Firefox only, and I couldn't. Especially on MSN Groups, where I spend alot of my time. So I use Internet explorer and voted for that.

~~Ben

Arthiel

Reaction score
Firefox 2 dominates. Only competition is Opera browser, though, I still love Firefox.​

Slothie

Reaction score
IE7 isn't half as bad what you all make it out to be. I admit I use ff as my primary browser but that's because I'm a webdeveloper and can't live without its addons :p

lpeters

Reaction score
I think that as a long time IE7 and FF2 user I believe that I have the knowledge to answer this.

Yes IE7 is good but in my opinion FF2 is better.

FF2 makes good use of space, and has plenty of options for users to decide how they want to view the internet. IE7 also makes good use of space but is slower and has a few less options.

FF2 also has a built in pop-up blocker which is used excellently and still shows that pop-ups are being blocked. I believe that IE7 just blocks them and puts a number in brackets next to the Pop-up Blocker icon and it hardly ever gets reset to 0. FF just shows the pop-ups in the toolbar until you leave the page they originated from.

Overall FF2 has better options and speed. IE7 does not.

Last edited:

islamis4u

Reaction score
for me firefox is better because its faster then internet explorer i always use firefox for joomla its much quicker but one problem is their flash player

pixxel

Banned
Reaction score
for me firefox is better because its faster then internet explorer i always use firefox for joomla its much quicker but one problem is their flash player
Firefox uses the same flash player as internet explorer does, both are developed my adobe (ex macromedia), and they both do same thing...

theparadesquare

Reaction score
I love firefox because:

1. It's secure
2. You can get amazing plugins and skins
3. The logo looks cool
4. It's easy to use

eminemix

Reaction score
You can now test the Firefox 3 alfa, get it from the official web-site.
But, some addins from mozilla firefox 2 are not compatible :(

alfred

Reaction score
I use both, but I now use Firefox (2.0.0.6) more because of all the addons!

For some weird reason, nearly all of the addons I used to use no longer work with the new version.

orcmaster112

Reaction score
I do prefer firefox over IE, because of the extensions/themes + faster page loading. I do use IE sometimes though. I have been having a lot of problems with firefox lately, and it has been using up to 200 MB of RAM sometimes, never had that problem with IE. A lot of weird things happen that i never encounter while using IE.