Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Firefox 2

Votes: 154 82.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

Sohail

Reaction score
Well of course it's going to be Firefox and if you don't believe me then just look at the results xD!

struni

Reaction score
Definitely Firefox brother. It has many many advantages than IExplorer.
Firefox is very faster than IExplorer. It is very secure. Easy to manage downloads etc. As you are a ubuntu linux user (as your avatar says), you already experienced firefox i think, as it is the default browser in that os.

TarouSensei

Reaction score
Considering that I run Ubuntu, I cannot use IE7 :dunno:. All the same, on Windows machines I have always found using Firefox to be a much more pleasant browsing experience than using IE7.
Myself and many of my friends also use Firefox to use StumbleUpon :bowdown:.

tittat

Reaction score
i love Firefox.
IE 7 is ok but it will eat your resourses.

de.monkeyz

Reaction score
Firefox most definatly, I've tried IE7 before and if your computer is low spec it isn't good at all, it takes up too much RAM in the proccess of running. As for firefox I prefer due to cross platform and the speed. Also since I am part web developer I prefer due to it's better support for CSS2.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
In these 2. I like Firefox. But personally i like opera.
It is the coolest browser. i like its features.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Firefox. No Question. It's more secure, faster, more compatible with correctly coded websites.

I'm using Firefox 3 Beta 4 at the moment and I love it.

BlueIce

Reaction score
Firefox, full stop. IE doesn't show favicon, and the page load is really slow.

theafterthought

Reaction score
IE has far too many layout issues, too many security soft spots, lack of addons (firefox's webdeveloper addon is so useful for instance, as is the daily dilbert!), and how can I forget the amount of times I have typed out a long email using IE, got to the end and... yes it's crashed, time to type that all out again! I have a lot more confidence when using Firefox, plus the satisfaction in using something that is open source and cared for rather than a bundled browser which is way behind in terms of w3 standards compared to Firefox and especially Opera.

koyut

Reaction score
Firefox because I've been to dependent on the extensions and been using it when most people don't even know what Firefox is before. I first encountered it when IE has a vulnerability that could be exploited but was patched in firefox and I was looking for an alternative browser.

mcorp

Reaction score
I also like firefox better then IE. Though I like opera better then both of them,
mainly because I've been using it longer. I currently use firefox and opera
because firefox has an extension for a game that I play that opera does not.

Firefox has a lot less problems then IE, is more secure, runs faster, and has
a lot of usefull extensions.

its simple click new tab feature vs Firefox you have to goto the taskbar to open a new tab...yes im lazy...lol.
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, as I didn't read this entire thread.. yes im lazy :biggrin: j/k
Anyways, you don't have to go to the taskbar to open a new tab in firefox. All you have to do is
press CTRL+T and it will open a new tab.

res

P.S Not that I care but I no longer have the option to use IE because I'm running linux, however,
even when I was running windows I used opera instead of IE.

VPmase

Reaction score
There are so many threads about this topic its not even funny. FF owns all. The addons for it rock and IE is too nub to compare to FF.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree; the Web Developer addon is so useful.
Firefox 2&3 owns IE!
:)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I prefer FF. That's because I have Linux though.
IE is rubbish though. It is by Microsoft.

Stormscape

Reaction score
Honestly there is no real competition anymore. Internet Explorer is only still used in some settings because there's no choice. The majority of people when given the choice will in fact use Firefox. But the reality of it is both browsers have their ups and downs. A better comparison would be FF2 vs IE6 as IE7 is a demon that should have never been born. It seems Microsoft went by the motto "If it's not broken you're not trying hard enough" with the IE7 UI, as it is a complete piece of garbage.