If you don't like it, leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pebbleworm

Reaction score
LOL

Hear! Hear! Freeloading and ain't even thankful? Tsk, tsk... some folks can be real pains in the neck. Nice forum, vB and all. :)

hofheins

Reaction score
Before I signed up for this service, I actually read some reviews that were negative. I couldn't believe these people were complaining about a free service, so I decided to give it a shot.
Now that I'm signed up, and receiving the benefits of this AWESOME service, I am even more baffled that ANYONE could possibly complain about ANYTHING about this site.

You guys are amazing. This whole concept is amazing, and the service you guys provide is outstanding, and I commend you ALL.

helladamnleet

Reaction score
I fully agree. That's why I only ***** to myself if it phases me at all. If I wanted to ***** about things, I'd pay for the right

Swiblet

Reaction score
I think that this thread turned out to be a hit =) Corey should get mad more often!

~~Ben

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
With 33,488 members, you are bound to get some bad apples. Wonder how many suspensions you had to do?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
With 33,488 members, you are bound to get some bad apples. Wonder how many suspensions you had to do?

One glance at the suspended forum makes it look worse than it is, in that a lot of the users there just made a mistake and forgot to log in.

My question is how many never make it that far because the owner never disputed it? That'd be a high number I'd guess.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
One glance at the suspended forum makes it look worse than it is, in that a lot of the users there just made a mistake and forgot to log in.

My question is how many never make it that far because the owner never disputed it? That'd be a high number I'd guess.

We use to set the suspension to auto-unsuspend. But that really kinda made it easy for users to just violate the rules, wait a few days and do it again ... So we took that option down ( I believe anyway - I think I only used it a few times ) ... and require people to come on.

The funny thing is, we catch a lot of people that come on and say "Oh. No idea why I got suspended. My name is Joebloke." But the linked account says JaneBloke. ... So we ask them about it. "Oh. Um ... yeah. I have a couple accounts. You mean its not allowed?" *shakes head*

Or they post a suspension saying "Inactivity" and then the thread say "I dunno why I was suspended." ...

We have a lot of great members and users. Like someone said earlier, there are a few bad apples in the bunch, but thats expected. :)

kephryn

Reaction score
I have to agree with you here Corey, I have worked in the technical support business for over six years now and I have noted that there is rarely a person who appreciates hard work. Every one expects these things that are offered to them.

I have to post for two reasons, It reminds me that I have to sign into the forums, and hopefully by thanking you guys and your hard work, you'll wake up tomorrow feeling like a better person.

Now when receiving something for free you should never complain. Yes you can ask questions if you don't understand or don't think something is working correctly "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

Its honestly people like that who just don't care and think that every thing should be handed to them on a silver platter that destroy things for the rest of us who actually appreciate things.

Don't give up guys you have created a wonderful monster! or pet depending how you look at it.

homefm

Reaction score
AWESOME SERVICE AND I CAN'T BELEIVE IT'S FREE.

I have seen many great features here on free x10hosting plan that many people have to pay for on paid services.

Many free hosting providers claim to do this and do that but I have only seen 1 host live up to what they say they can deliver. X10hosting is the best free hosting provider in the world..

Not to mention instant activation that blew me away.. Many other free providers take more then 24 hours or longer or never..

As far as I am concerned this is the best Free Hosting Provider on the net.
They deserve praises not rude and unsatisfied people.

People who are rude and demanding obviously want to much for nothing and should be removed.

sdfdf

Reaction score
Well I dont like the "If you dont like it, leave"-attitude, but I guess his right..:hsugh:

One ofMany

Reaction score
I NO complain.
free service...
how can I complain?

I think I'll try harder not to ask re-asked questions :eek4:.
But please, don't be harsh - just redirect me if I do.

I can easily put up with the ads as I cP in and for an ad free site i can put up for latency.
...and heck - I think I read somewhere - I can put my own ads in!
(you may have to correct me on that last point).

http://one.x10hosting.com/insults/funny_1.htm
please advise if this page does not conform to tos or some other regulation (and funny_2)?
If not - I will delete immediately on advice.

Last edited:

Swiblet

Reaction score
=/ You can do whatever you want with your own site. You just have to make sure that the ads from X10 are there too is all.

~~Ben

Chris Z

Reaction score
Actually, I'm pretty sure that may be against our advertisers' Terms of Service, to have competitors' ads on the same site. So basically you can't put any major ads up (like Yahoo, Google, etc.) on your site if you have a corporate package.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
x10 is awesome, there is no better free host, the staff is dedicated and hard working. Those who are rude don't deserve free hosting.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
as long as no one complains about x10hosting im good with x10 and im staying a member forever.

Last edited:

giosbike

Reaction score
Corey,
Welcome to your rude awakening to "entitlement mentality." I feel for you, bud. For what little it is worth, I honestly appreciate x10hosting.com. I've always had my own servers to host things on and never even thought of looking for free hosting options. I only accidentally stumbled upon your site and am truly astonished at the service options you offer for free. Maybe if everyone had a background in supporting cabinets full of servers for cranky users, like myself, they'd have the same appreciation.

-Mike

jeffpattyhertel

Reaction score
I would like to thank you and the rest of the staff. You are very correct. I have tried some of the other paid and free services and the service you all provide is very complete and works very good.

Also, there is never any need for rudeness. If someone cannot respect other people, then they are going to miss out on a lot of great interactions in life.

Again thanks,

-Jeff

ewarung

Reaction score
For what it's worth I think you guy's are EXCELLENT!! Truly appreciated all your efforts and I would like to say thanks to x10hosting for letting me have a website with working email, and all this for FREE!!

I dont understand what there is to complain about?? Thanks guys.. :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good name for it, 'entitlement mentality'.

I should start posting the ridiculous Emails I get. If people think the forums are bad with crazy requests and people thinking they deserve stuff. My Email would top all of it.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.