If you don't like it, leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny80

Reaction score
Agreed. You offer a great free hosting service with more features than I've ever seen. If you are upset with our FREE service, stop being a cheap jerk and pay for something. This is the best you can get for free.

tgkprog

Reaction score
Corey quoute "Next time you think about complaining, try imagining managing multiple servers, dealing with constant phishing scams, spamming, abuse, and supporting 8,000 members. Now do this all on your FREE time and not get paid. There is a reason there are not many free hosts out there that offer everything we do, because it's not easy to do."

You do this for free Corey?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Corey quoute "Next time you think about complaining, try imagining managing multiple servers, dealing with constant phishing scams, spamming, abuse, and supporting 8,000 members. Now do this all on your FREE time and not get paid. There is a reason there are not many free hosts out there that offer everything we do, because it's not easy to do."

Its his business, so I assume that he's stated in the past that a lot of the profits from x10, go right back into x10. So, technically he does it for free. As do the rest of the staff here. We don't get paid a dime to assist.

Kenny80

Reaction score

He gets money from ads and occasional paid hosting, but the majority he does for free, and most of the profit he DOES make has to go into maintaining the services, the servers, etc..

Last edited:

snacky

Reaction score
Im totally AGREE with you Corey, im was offering some web-based FREE services before, and its like you said. People thinks that the owner of a free service for the persons Owe some **** <- (Sorry but im very pissed off) to them.

Thumbs up and keep the very good work so far!

playcode

Reaction score
I cannot believe that people would even be ignorant enough to demand something from a free service... oh wait, yeah I can. Anime fansites, gaming sites, gaming clans - it hits every type of service or site that is free - ignorant people who believe that volunteers and/or a free service owe them anything o.o

I'm happy enough there isn't a huge waiting list to become a member or some other requirement. Perhaps the old "Prove you aren't an ungrateful idiot" quiz.

Good policy though, it will hopefully keep the community pretty clean and stable like the service offered :)

Thanks

cvocvo

Reaction score
I've just signed up 2 minutes ago. I was looking for a free host that offers php and MySQL so I can train myself on these subjects for a project I am doing before I buy a domain and pay for hosting.

As of yet I have not used my hosting account but can't wait to get started. Quite a few sites have x10 down as the no.1 free hosting site with php and MySQL. I consider finding this gem of a site as a great discovery and it just baffles me that people think it their right to demand more when they have already got such a great deal for free already. That some of these people are also rude in making these demands is quite difficult to believe but then again I suppose these people are sad and uneducated and can't see the value of what I hope will be a great service.

Cheers.

EgcKiller

Reaction score
I totally agree with you, I am sick of all these people thinking that the community owes them. In fact the community owes them nothing and I appreciate this free service that is being provided to me at your expense. I have not had trouble getting help on here, I have not had much trouble with my web page either except for a few problems that were resolved within minutes of my post. I was trying to put a forum on here, I searched the forum's web page for 2 hours looking for help. I came here and posted for some help and got the answer I needed within minutes. There is no reason why anyone should be complaining, and if they are then I agree they should leave.:rant2::naughty::hahano:

Pantalassa

Reaction score
I wasn't going to comment, because situations like this one are nothing new for me, for what I can see out there, but a few things must be said, so I changed my mind. Sorry for my not perfect english (it's not my native language), but I will try to elaborate this.

People are often thinking and acting like if they have never used the internet, despite of living inside this world much more every day. The internet is not an environment not related to the reality, despite of someone might threat her, and some of us are indeed persons, equals to anyone else.

Looking this way, after we are celebrating everything the computers can do, our PC becomes more than a single machine or tool on our house. It is a door to interact and socialize in a way that have never been done before, in the past.

And that give us power, like social beings, consumers and formers of opinions. There are more cell phones than TVs out there, and even if we don't consider the internet a way of speaking thoughout all kinds of people like we consider the Television, the fact is, the internet gives power to the common people.

What other tool give us so easy and quick access to millions of others consumers like all computers? Before the internet era comes, if you have some problem with a product or service - or any bad thing done to your rights, whatever - what were the chances of someone else knowing your problems, become involving, hear the other side (the companies)?

The best scenario, if was something very, very unusual, very bad (indeed), you will be interviewed by some channel on TV and your problem showed to other people. But these are very rare cases, and like I said, very unusual. PCs connected to the internet makes every common citizen a potential source of informations, contents, noise, complaints, critics who will be seen and completed by other people by an unpredictable scale.

The common people often believes more on a bunch of people complaining about some product or service than a great site, that's nothing new for us, but it is for managers and admins. The fact is, no matter how some people fight against this, less is in fact more, and it's more important to have 1000 common sites with 5 opinions than 10 famous with 50.

Some people here might believe that, if we start hearing these complaints, from these rude and ungrateful people, we will stimulate bad users out there.

Well, this is not acceptable, since we are the bosses of all companies, even the free ones? They can't exist without us. If you don't change your product, or service, and it only keeps receiving bad critics and complaints from people, no one will use it. That's very simple, it's useless to stay rejecting these facts.

And if before, someone just stop using or buying and talk about the inadequacies of any product/service with 20 friends, now they are able to send all critics to 20 millions at the same time and these critics stay recorded forever!

However, if today it's very easy for anyone to complain, it's also easy for all companies to stay focused on these complaints and seeks to change these problems and talk with these same consumers. All the options the internet provides can let the companies very close to their clients, and they expect that! Your sucess depends on this.

The three attitudes who are capable of harming any company (free or paid, doesn't matter), and makes their name not-clean are:

1. They doesn't know what people/consumers thinks about them;

2. They indeed know. They just don't care;

3. They don't learn to hear complaints, just people saying good things about them;

And not allowing everyone to make complaints, even bad ones, it's removing their freedom of expression, what I values most.

I agree it's not right to offend others and not being polite, people who have spend their own money to make this work, but hey, that's the way people do everywhere. If you are always willing to improve, and you care about something, you will complaint. If you don't care, you will forget about them and leave. Remember that.

Speaking of x10Hosting, I think you're doing a hell of job here. I am not making this up (what I am going to say next). I was really looking for a host since last month and I didn't find anything good. All hosts that I found have bad cons who make me keep looking. So I found this one. I don't have any complaints here. My site was created these days.

But I will say this: I don't think it's a good idea to suspend every site after 2 weeks without making a logging. I know we are entitled to remove the suspensions ourselves, but this is annoying.

If someone is just making loggins each 2 months, and not using their site (they just put an index.htm file and leave it there), and other people have all the trouble to make their website shinning, with a lots of visits and hard work, it's unfair they have to be concerned about not getting suspensions, and lost visits.

So, every day we have the same complaints about people getting suspended for trivial reasons. If the time was increased to at least 1 month and all acounts were removed if they don't have, let's say, 50 hits/month or 3/4 files, that will be a fair decision.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
i would like to say this: i have seen paid hosting thats was $10 a month that wasn't even half of what the ad free is. and it dodn't even come with a domain. Here you guys are, offering free hosting and you give domains away.

my only complaint would be that you don't offer the kitchen sink. how am i supost to wash these dishs i bought with the money that would of othrwise gone into some overprised web service.

NSChan

Reaction score
I dont see how people can complain, i have been with several different web servers, but this is by FAR the best, how could you find anything to complain about? Small ads, a minimum of a forum visit to show activity, its probably the best free service out their
All the haters need to wake up and see what they have and then realise that they are not owed anything.
i have one thing for the people who think they are owed something
1193932673780re1.jpg

jensen

Reaction score
I wasn't going to comment, because situations like this one are nothing new for me, for what I can see out there, but a few things must be said, so I changed my mind. Sorry for my not perfect english (it's not my native language), but I will try to elaborate this.

And not allowing everyone to make complaints, even bad ones, it's removing their freedom of expression, what I values most.

I agree it's not right to offend others and not being polite, people who have spend their own money to make this work, but hey, that's the way people do everywhere. If you are always willing to improve, and you care about something, you will complaint. If you don't care, you will forget about them and leave. Remember that.

But I will say this: I don't think it's a good idea to suspend every site after 2 weeks without making a logging. I know we are entitled to remove the suspensions ourselves, but this is annoying.

So, every day we have the same complaints about people getting suspended for trivial reasons. If the time was increased to at least 1 month and all acounts were removed if they don't have, let's say, 50 hits/month or 3/4 files, that will be a fair decision.

Good input. Just a few points I'd like to offer.
x10 is not saying you cannot complain. You must see how much nonsense of complaints gets posted, when all they needed to do was to use the search box, or read the pinned posts or read the FAQ. After a while, it wears people down. Especially when you're working for FREE.

secondly, about the 2 weeks login, I've seen various measures and rules being set up, this has been the most simple ever. You signed up and you've read the terms and conditions right? So you agreed to it right? Then what's the problem? If you joined a club and cannot follow the rules set up, then the club has the right to remove your membership. It's no negotiable unless you becomes the president and decide to change the rules or get enough support to amend the rules.

This hosting is still up and running because of the rules. Those who don't value the hosting gets the boot. So the server doesn't have an unnecessary load. this in turn reduces running costs.

Hope you understand the situation a bit better. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.