Iframe question

mc se7en

Reaction score
Does having 2-3 iframes on a page slow down load time, because after adding a few to my site (mcse7en.com) it looks like it's been loading slower. I was just wondering if that might be why. Thanks.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
No, Its does not slow too much...

your site is loading slow because your server is chopin and currently chopin is under migration..
Chopin is the only server left to be transferred and it’s currently at 65% done.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
It depends on what is in the iFrame.

If you load a full webpage, including javascript and css files, it can easily take longer to load.

Even if you just take content out of the main page and load it through an iFrame, the browser has to make another request to the server, which takes time.

Last edited:

mc se7en

Reaction score
No, Its does not slow too much...

your site is loading slow because your server is chopin and currently chopin is under migration..

Ah ok thanks. I guess I missed the post on the status page because I thought they'd just update the initial post, so I never scrolled past that and saw the updates :D

New posts would be helpful though, so they could show up in my Tumblr dashboard and I'd be more likely to see them than I would updates.

It depends on what is in the iFrame.

If you load a full webpage, including javascript and css files, it can easily take longer to load.

Even if you just take content out of the main page and load it through an iFrame, the browser has to make another request to the server, which takes time.

It's just my navbar and my announcement banner. Formatted text and links is all. Thanks guys.