Image and JavaScript not working Properly

curiegir

Reaction score
I created a website for the Girls' Soccer team at my school. Since it is a website I'm required to post it online.

The entire website was made by directly typing into the HTML and CSS, However I'm having a problem with my images and the Javascript. On the bottom left corner of every one of my pages there is a link and a box for my photo gallery, however those images aren't working properly. Also when I click the images, they open up in a new tab even though it is suppose to open up a small pop-up to simply enlarge the image.

http://curiegirlssoccer.x10host.com/Curie Girls Soccer/Index.html

This is a problem that only appears when hosting, when I directly open the file on my flash drive the Photo Gallery created from Visual Light Box programs works perfectly.

Is there a way to fix this?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
On a Windows machine, case doesn't matter - that is, Windows doesn't much care whether you're using upper-case or lower-case letters when naming or asking for a file. *nix operating systems like Linux are case-sensitive; "mypicture.jpg" is a different file from "MyPicture.jpg" is a different file from "MyPicture.JPG", etc. That's also why your index files aren't working quite the way they should; your file needs to be named "index.html" or "index.htm", not "Index.html".

In order to avoid problems, it's always best to use only lower-case letters, and to use underscores or hyphens rather than spaces.

curiegir

Reaction score
Thank you, I've fixed the image problem, however the JavaScript still doesn't work.
The images are suppose to pop-up, not open a new tab.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As far as I can determine, it's the same issue. You are calling for jquery.MIN.JS in your <head>, for instance, when the file on the server is actually named jquery.min.js (all lower-case).* Just go over everything carefully, looking for case issues first. (This would be easier in a lot of ways if Windows made it harder. It's really the only operating system in common use that doesn't care about case. Sure, there would be more frustration up front, but most people would run into a lot fewer surprises when they uploaded their work to the server.)

Once you've done that, if there are still problems, feel free to keep asking for help.
* In case you were wondering, I guessed that was probably the actual filename since it's published with that filename by the jquery folks. I don't have access to your account's files, I just tried opening the file with the all-lower-case name, and that worked.

curiegir

Reaction score
Although I have the same code with the same lower-case letters, the Java doesn't work on pages other than my Homepage

Update: I've fixed it, I don't know what happened but i copied and pasted my code from my Homepage which worked. had a problem on my tryout page but the problem was that "who're" the ' messed with the coloring so i changed it to "who are"

Last edited:

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
Another suggestion: Do not use spaces (or special characters other than _ - or . ) in file or directory names.