Images not loading, since transfer to web host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonro

Reaction score
Do you still have the site on the previous web host so that maybe it could be compared to? I am only seeing 3 JavaScript files being requested and none are to do with the fade in of the images.
I even tried searching for 'entry-image' on the page for any inline JavaScript that might be touching on it but all I see being done is background colour (CSS) and the three image classes (HTML, elements).

Unfortunately I do not have it on the previous host no, I have it saved locally and it all loads fine...

NOTE: It SEEMS to load fine on mobile devices, but that may not be true as I haven't tested it.

caftpx10

Reaction score
I guess that is something.
Can you try going to the networking tab in inspect element, refresh, sort it by types (by clicking on the 'type' column) and then show the part with all the requests named 'script'? Showing the request count (as seen in the bottom left corner of my screenshot) would be useful too. Also all done on the local version.
ZiYWrcs.png

bostonro

Reaction score
I guess that is something.
Can you try going to the networking tab in inspect element, refresh, sort it by types (by clicking on the 'type' column) and then show the part with all the requests named 'script'? Showing the request count (as seen in the bottom left corner of my screenshot) would be useful too. Also all done on the local version.
ZiYWrcs.png

Oh sorry nevermind, It did used to work although i've changed all of the links in the local project to the FTP ones, to then upload through filezilla... So the images and such are no longer loading locally... Never the less, this is what i see...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    204 KB · Views: 3

caftpx10

Reaction score
I noticed that the news page does not have a problem with showing the images and that it requests more JavaScript files.
XnXDnNF.png

Side note: there is a missing closing bracket for the Google Analytics script directly on page.

bostonro

Reaction score
I noticed that the news page does not have a problem with showing the images and that it requests more JavaScript files.
XnXDnNF.png

Side note: there is a missing closing bracket for the Google Analytics script directly on page.

Thankyou for pointing that out, so do you have any idea as to what could be causing the issue? And how i can fix it.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Well, you might need to request the rest of the files in that screenshot that are not requested already on the main page in order for it to work.
Try including these:
HTML:
<script type='text/javascript' src='admin/wp-content/themes/boston-rowing/js/jquery.assets5152.js?ver=1.0'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='admin/wp-content/themes/boston-rowing/js/jquery.custom5152.js?ver=1.0'></script>

bostonro

Reaction score
Well, you might need to request the rest of the files in that screenshot that are not requested already on the main page in order for it to work.
Try including these:
HTML:
<script type='text/javascript' src='admin/wp-content/themes/boston-rowing/js/jquery.assets5152.js?ver=1.0'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='admin/wp-content/themes/boston-rowing/js/jquery.custom5152.js?ver=1.0'></script>

Sorry so how do I go about doing this?

caftpx10

Reaction score
It looks like you are using WordPress..
You could try editing the index.html file in / (the document root, in 'public_html/' and add those lines in after the jQuery (migrate) one.

I would do a backup just in case if you have not already.

There's this too, if you want to try it out first: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_Files

caftpx10

Reaction score
The tags would go into index.html, not the migrate JS file.
d0plw6M.png

After the last line shown is where the tags should be placed

bostonro

Reaction score
The tags would go into index.html, not the migrate JS file.
d0plw6M.png

After the last line shown is where the tags should be placed

Oh my goodness, I do believe for that to have worked! images are now showing on my end, thank you very very much! I really appreciate it, without trying to be a pain their is one final question I have with regards to using "href" when you click on one of the pages such contact us, if you then try and navigate to a different page it keeps the current url and just adds "learn-to-row-members-area" (for example) to the end of the URL, rendering the URL address incorrect.

caftpx10

Reaction score
In those href attributes having the issue, add '/' to the beginning. I would also do the same for the source (src) for the logo (so that it does not use '..' in the beginning).
Also, you might want to remove the tags from the migration file as they are causing a syntax error (as seen in the console).

Last edited:

bostonro

Reaction score
In those href attributes having the issue, add '/' to the beginning. I would also do the same for the source (src) for the logo (so that it does not use '..' in the beginning).
Also, you might want to remove the tags from the migration file as they are causing a syntax error (as seen in the console).

Thankyou for your help, perfect i'll do just that! Once again thanks so much! :D

jensen

Reaction score
As of this posting, the website looks great. No errors. Good job bostonro

bostonro

Reaction score
As of this posting, the website looks great. No errors. Good job bostonro

Thankyou @jensen it means alot - It's taken ages, still some more features to add in such as a members login (somehow, still dont know how yet) and a dedicated gallery page.

Status
Not open for further replies.