Images Returning 404 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cd900406

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just uploaded a bunch of files for a website. It all works fine, except that my background image (background.gif) and an image on the main page (windingroad.jpg) won't show up. Both images work perfectly when I open the files directly from my computer.

I've done a good deal of research on this issue, and the most common problem I've seen is capitalization discrepancies between the source image and the file name in the img attributes (.jpg vs .JPG). However, this doesn't appear to be my issue. When trying to access the windingroad.jpg image from the source code, I get a 404 Not Found error. I can open and view both images from the File Manager with no problem.

All of the images (these two and the others on the site, which work fine) are located in the same folder, so I don't see how that could be an issue. Nonetheless, I tried moving the two problem images to the public_html folder, as was suggested in another thread. This did nothing to solve the issue.

I have also cleared the image cache on my browser (Google Chrome), and I've tried opening the page in another browser (Microsoft Edge). No luck.

I'd really appreciate any insight into this issue! I'm very new to hosting, so I'm sure it's a simple fix, but it's got me mighty frustrated!

cd900406244.x10host.com/Case_Study_Lesson2/

cd900406

Reaction score
Well, I have no idea what happened, but my images started working on their own shortly after posting this. So... disregard this post!

Status
Not open for further replies.