Important PHP Changes - Read This (All Servers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I'm sure all of you have noticed the downtime the last few nights.

We've just about finished making some large changes to the way that PHP is set up for all hosting accounts. Abuse on our servers negatively affects everyone and we do not like that. These changes that we are planning to implement should drastically aid in the reduction of abuse on all of our servers, helping us to provide a better service for everyone.

Starting tonight, September 24th, x10Hosting will be implementing a new system regarding PHP. All hosting accounts will be set to use a version of PHP that is secured and "locked-down" to prevent misuse. This PHP configuration will break a lot of users' sites and scripts - we are very aware of this. Because of this, we have two separate versions of PHP that are separate from the default version. Users can request a change to either of these two versions, with approval of the change depending on what the version change is needed for. If you require a less secure version of PHP for your site to run, you can now request it from the account management panel. We are very lenient in regards to upgrades to version 2. The account management panel (http://x10hosting.com/account) now contains a new section below the hosting account details at the bottom left. There you can view the details on the individual versions of PHP and request a version change.

Version applications will be processed as soon as possible. There may be a slight delay for application processing at first and at times, please be patient with us while waiting.

The configuration settings on these new versions need to be tweaked and perfected; there are many things that may have been accidentally forgotten. As of right now, a lot of scripts will not work with version two. Version two was designed to be very similar to the previous, main version of PHP. If you find something that was working with your account prior to this change, please post in this thread and let us know. Please bear with us as we work on making this system fully functional, it may be tough at first.

If you suddenly notice 'weird' or 'new' errors with your PHP scripts, the change to version 1 is probably the cause. Most accounts will need version 2 of PHP in order to function properly.

If you have any issues with this new system or questions, please post here and be as descriptive as possible. Any other posts that are not worthwhile to the thread will be deleted in order to keep it on topic and organized.

Edit
DO NOT REQUEST VERSION 3 OF PHP UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED IT. I WILL DENY ALL REQUESTS WITHOUT A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF WHY YOU NEED VERSION 3. IF YOU WANT THIS DONE FASTER REQUEST VERSION 2. MOST SCRIPTS ONLY NEED EVAL\MAIL TO FUNCTION WHICH VERSION 2 INCLUDES.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
If your account isn't working, your site, your CMS, your forums, blog, anything, because of a PHP problem, you will probably need to be changed to version two. Request the change as soon as possible.

A cron runs every hour to update any accepted applications. Once accepted, your account will be updated on the next hour. I need to go to bed, I have class in two hours. Applications will continue to be accepted as they come in.

Edit: Bump

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
STOP POSTING WHAT YOU NEED CHANGED OR WHY

There is a WHOLE application in the account panel for you to tell us why. The ONLY thing I want to see in this thread are as follows:
*You are not able to log in to your account panel.
*You upgraded to a new version of PHP and waited AT LEAST three hours but something doesn't work today that was working yesterday.
*There is an error with the account panel or you got an error while submitting your request.

IF YOU POST ANYTHING BESIDES THE ABOVE YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INFRACTION AND THE POST DELETED.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason I should have just had to spend 30 minutes reading through half this crap and deleting threads because people can't READ.

NO MORE WARNINGS.

-Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys -- Please try to debug the scripts yourself. We have very limited time right now and can't go through everyone's scripts figuring out what functions are disabled. The reality is the script creators should not have suppressed fatal errors but they did. So the only way to figure out what functions are being blocked is to go through the scripts and remove any @ symbols before the function names so it outputs an error.

Remember, we give you hosting, we don't support scripts. So if you want help go through the scripts you're using remove all the @ symbols before any functions and then let us know what the errors are. We'll be happy to help you resolve the problem then. We just can't go through each person's scripts figuring it out for them.

-Corey

danatki

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having a problem with sending out newsletters in SMF (to 15 people). All other e-mails coming from the forum are sent except the newsletters which don't go through. After the changes to the PHP configuration it was hit and miss about if they would send or not (if they didn't send I could try again later and then they normally got through) now it seems that they are being blocked completely - I'm presuming this has something to do with the sendmail() function.

Nothing shows up in the forum nor the Cpanel error logs and I'm just wondering if you have any suggestions about what could be happening.

The site URL is thomaslawfansite.x10hosting.com

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jbordado

Reaction score
I'm using Pixelpost, he installed everything right , but when I try do upload images it says:

File Uploads to Pixelpost site are NOT possible! Check file_upload variable in php.ini file!

can i change this variable? and where can i?

Thanks in advance

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Danatki -- Can you try again now?

Jbordado -- Is this still an issue after you upgrade your PHP version?

vigge_sWe - -Yes, it should work, upgrade to PHPv2(intermediate).

Everyone Else -- If I deleted your post it was because you did not read through this thread OR your issue was solved.

-Corey

pkpkpk

Reaction score
php upgrade please

getting these error:
Iam using joomla1.x version
my user id is :pkpk

so please upgrade php or provide solutions to publish my website

Fatal error
: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 140 bytes) in /home/pkpk/public_html/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 1290

Darkstorm

Reaction score
I can't login to the account section of the website. I can get to cpanel if its available through there to upgrade to version 2?
Thanks for any help.

Problem: geeklog requires eval still restricted. Can't find where the form is to fill in since everytime i try and log in it says username not recognised.....

http://thechaosinside.exofire.net

gateway

Reaction score
Use of eval is forbidden by configuration

Please how can I go about this

screamo

Reaction score
Hello Mr manager ... I do not speak good English so much sere very brief
I wanted to know if could enable php 2 that I want to install a smf and postnuke but I said fedlerner who asked to function well

I hope that if we can do

Thanks

manan

Reaction score
sorry for a n00b question but can u tell me for which should i apply to make sure that phpbb3 and wp work without hiccups

manan

Reaction score
thank u starline i have applied, damn i feel so stupid i just read this and skipped the first para yesterday :D

z0lik

Reaction score
i can't to change my php version ;{ .. please help Mean!

moriakaice

Reaction score
PHP change option doesn't love me :(

When I try to send request to change to level 2, I get to a page with sooo many errors:
Code:
Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: <b>Warning</b>: fread() [<a href='function</serverLoad> in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: ^ in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: Entity: line 8: parser error : Couldn't find end of Start Tag a line 8 in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: <b>Warning</b>: fread() [<a href='function</serverLoad> in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: ^ in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: Entity: line 8: parser error : Unescaped '<' not allowed in attributes values in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: Entity: line 8: parser error : attributes construct error in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: Entity: line 8: parser error : Couldn't find end of Start Tag a line 8 in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

And then it tells me:
An Error Has Occurred
An error occurred with your PHP version change request. Try again later or contact x10Hosting. (Code 3)

What should I do?

Chetz

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new, I need version 2, but I can't login to my account management area.

An Error Has Occurred
Although you've logged in successfully, there was an error retrieving your account's hosting type from the backend.

If you encounter any errors while using the account panel, please post on our forums.

What should I do?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new, I need version 2, but I can't login to my account management area.

What should I do?

Seems there is an error with your account, post in the support forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.