Important Poll Regarding Disk Space

Should we stop backups and raise the disk space?

• Raise the disk space, I'll keep my own backups.

Votes: 118 61.1%
  • I like the way it is now.

Votes: 75 38.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clonetrooper9494

Reaction score
Not to sound whiny, but what ever stops my site from loading so slow, as in my own backups and more space. I know there may be some good reasons for it being down, but I have had some bad experiences with my last free host... Long story short, my site was down for 24+ hours, and the host will be bankrupt and remove our accounts on Oct. 31

Anyways, I am very pleased with x10hosting(other than my site being down right now), and I agree with others, it is the webmasters duty to make backups, not the host. I don't care what happens really, just as long as you guys enable the Backups on cPanel. When I first moved here, I had to upload everything by hand, extracting it and re-compressing it as the original backups were larger than the 8MB upload limit. I also make lots of backups of my MySQL DBs

Edit:
Then it hit me, why not have daily backups w/ 500mb for those who want it and 1000mb for those who don't?

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
I think at the end of the day, you should be doing your own backup. Yes x10 hosting would do backup, but what if they fail? What if the same thing happen here like what happen to me? (service close down without note) This go to paid hosting, do your own backup.

WyrGecko

Reaction score
I'd go with more diskspace, though I don't really need it, but I backup things myself, so there's less of a need for it to be done then. Anything that may help uptime is good :p

I guess that it could suck for people running elaborate databases and such, but I'd assume that they'd be backing up even more often then... and should probably be on paid anyway.

Last edited:

jaffarbp

Reaction score
I would go with the backups, or let us choose option for our hosting plan.

I keep my websites in development here, so backups that you make for me can be a HUGE lifesaver.

... there are certain things that you just can't do in localhost

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I would go with the backups, or let us choose option for our hosting plan.

I keep my websites in development here, so backups that you make for me can be a HUGE lifesaver.

... there are certain things that you just can't do in localhost

refer to this:
No, it's either all or nothing. :p

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
i think all the free hosting plans deserve the uping in diskspace. id rather sacrifice backups for more space. besides it will make x10hosting more better and look more like a real free webhost.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've taken into consideration and read all the comments in this thread. I will be posting a new poll shortly with what I think will work best.

Thanks for voting and please check the next poll I will be putting up shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.