Inactivity Timer

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take this time to remind everyone that you must login to the forum once every 2 weeks to keep your hosting account active. You do not need to post, reading the news is a good idea though. I'm currently suspending all accounts that have not logged in the past two weeks.

http://staff.x10hosting.com/check.php

Go there to unsuspend yourself.

-Corey

cetutnx1

Reaction score
A question:
I use the "Remember Me" option... i do read de news and announcements thread every 2 days to keep informed but i don't know if this is registered by the script...
It's possible for me to get supended?

Chris Z

Reaction score
nope, you should be fine, just as long as your forum account that is linked to your cPanel username is logged in every 2 weeks, it will work out fine, and as you check the news every other day, you should be absolutely fine ;)

tgtony

Reaction score
Phew i thought id lost everything there for a minute...
im currently updating my site and going to be using wordpress.

know if there is any quick fix to put the ad codes in wp or i just have to edit the template?

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Try doing a google search or searching some WordPress support forum for a way to put the ads on.

As in most CMS scripts it only requires editing the templates.

As for me I only know about IPB Forum and SubDreamer CMS. Both can be very simple but then again can be totally complex.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
uhh this doesnt belong here, this is a news thread for the inactivity timer

if your account got suspended then you need to talk about that in the free hosting support

Last edited:

freerockmidis

Reaction score
hmm i dont know why i'm suspended because i logged into my cpanel and in forum a week ago or so, but ok i unsuspended my account ;)

when i clicked on "unsuspend" link i got these php warnings, you should fix this ;)

Warning: include(http://x10hosting.com/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/staff/public_html/reactivate.php on line 3

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://x10hosting.com/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/staff/public_html/reactivate.php on line 3

Reactivate Account
error Notice:
Your account has been unsuspended. Please try to remain active on x10hosting, and remember to check out the forum for server updates and news.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
its just a header bug, heh, maybe tonight when i get home from school

piyush

Reaction score
it was the same when i unsuspended mine
but it is just a minor problem no need to worry

OoC_Wolf

Reaction score
I can't seem to unsuspend mine. I log into these forums once a week, but that doesn't seem to prevent it happening every two weeks.

Last time I just went to the link and unsuspended my site, but this week it says that it can't find OoC_Wolf. What am I doing wrong?

Chris Z

Reaction score
do you have your cPanel account linked to your forum account, if not, that's why you get suspended most likely

edit-forgot to comment on the second part of your post, your account might be terminated but i'm not toally sure, you'll have to wait for an Account Manager to verify or disprove that.
another thing- are you sure this is your correct cPanel name? do you have all the punctuation or w/e correct?

Last edited:

OoC_Wolf

Reaction score
This is where it gets unfortunately complicated.

I was given this forum account by the previous admin of my site, ooc.exofire.net

I was told that if I logged on here every two weeks, I'd be fine. He does not have a cpanel account linked to this one, and I don't know what his would be, and certainly I don't have the email to receive the link confirmation.

Any suggestions?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
OoC_Wolf said:
This is where it gets unfortunately complicated.

I was given this forum account by the previous admin of my site, ooc.exofire.net

I was told that if I logged on here every two weeks, I'd be fine. He does not have a cpanel account linked to this one, and I don't know what his would be, and certainly I don't have the email to receive the link confirmation.

Any suggestions?

Do you log into any hosting account, or just use the forum? If you use the forum only - then don't worry. If you have a hosting account - whatever you login with to the Cpanel ... is what you would use.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
PM me this and the username you were using to login to cPanel.

-Corey

waster

Reaction score
hi Corey,

everyday.. i read the news.. and all questions answered :)

but.. there's something acting weird..

sometimes... Http and Exim : offline... after a few min... Http and Exim : online but FTP is offline... a few seconds everything online... but exim: offline.... something like that... so i couldn't do anything with my site...

username: waster
site: ml109.x10hosting.com

i hope i got the answer soon,

with my best wishes,

waster

jerusalem

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Server is being rebooted right now.

Paid accounts are not affected by inactivity.

-Corey