Index of / Showing On My Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

miaox10m

Reaction score
You server's disk space usage is still 116MB, so the file is still in your server. However, all I did is created a folder called backup, and duplicated the index.php onto the backup folder.

pashatfo

Reaction score
Then why are there no files in that public_html folder, where did they all go?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
pashatfo: I'm not actually sure what's causing the problem, however you need to change ALL of your passwords immediately - you just posted them to a publicly accessible forum. That is not a good thing at all.

As far as the backup folder goes, I'm not actually seeing one present on the account, but it's unclear who actually removed it at the moment. I am investigating to see what happened however; miaox10m: under no circumstances should you ever be accessing another user's account, period. If you caused damage to the account, expect punishment shortly.

Edit for note 1: miaox10m: When you are ready to provide a detailed explanation of EXACTLY what you did while accessing the account, utilize the suspension dispute system to do so. Failure to provide a good explanation will result in your permanent removal from the service, as your actions look to have caused the deletion of user files on a hosting account which was not yours.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Pashatfo: Did you recently migrate to Premium by chance? The pashatfoundation.x10.mx domain is currently pointing to one of the Premium servers which is why any of the changes to the free account aren't showing up.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That explains part of it; can you try running "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes in a windows command prompt, then try logging in with the info they sent in the welcome email? My guess is it's still got the old IP cached so it's connecting you to your free account instead of the paid one, which is why nothing's updating.

pashatfo

Reaction score
im in the acccount in cpanel, and see the html file that says "Testing, see if this is working". So now I'm correctly in?
Which means my files might still be in the old free version hosting?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, the "testing see if this is working" file is the one on the free account; there wasn't actually one on premium (I just added one that says "WELCOME TO PREMIUM! -Livewire").

What url are you using to login (NOT cpanel name/pass, just the url)?

pashatfo

Reaction score
which one should I be using,
is it possible to have the right credentials emailed to me? Im using the ones I posted here earlier. Did my files migrate to the new paid hosting?

pashatsite@gmail.com

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now the premium client area's down as WHMCS had an exploit released for it apparently; we're waiting for a security fix to go through. I'd recommend emailing support [@] x10hosting.com which is where we're directing premium customers to for the moment. The one thing I'd suggest trying first, try logging in with your cpanel username/pass at s3.infinitysrv.com:2082 and see if it works. If that fails, then send the email and with any luck the premium staff team will be able to recover the login credentials and get them forwarded on, since I can't get to those right now :(

As far as the files go, I'm not sure what miao did, but it looks to have erased the backup folder they made. Depending on when the migration went through though they may have been able to get the files copied over anyways, but I'm not 100% sure they did.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome; with any luck the folks specifically trained for premium can get the credentials recovered and assist further.
Make a folder called public_html , open it up, and put your files in there.

Please read the rest of the topic; there -is- a folder called public_html on both his premium and free account. I'm closing the ticket to prevent further off-topicness to it, as he's working with Premium staff to get his login credentials for premium so he can modify the site properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.