Infinity plan + 2 year contract question

taha116

Reaction score
Hi guys, if anyones got a premium account already id appreciate if you could clear something up for me.

So I noticed the infinity plans with x10 come with a few perks like a free domain however I did not notice any privacy option to keep personal information out of the WHOIS directories. Is this not an option because the structure of ownership is different as in is it registered and owned by x10 and therefore I can not transfer it or use it with another name server if I were to leave at some point?

Thanks for your time :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Privacy protection is a free option enabled via the Premium clients area, or by opening a ticket. Double-checked it via my own clients panel (I actually used the staff stuff to turn mine on cause I was already logged in, didn't realize we had it on the client panel too which is all kinds of awesome) :)

I don't believe it breaks domain transferring or anything, but you may need to disable it in order to actually do the transfer. The nameservers themselves can be updated to a different provider/different values without needing to transfer the domain though, so that's also a note to have.

Edit: I don't believe having it enabled by default is an option so if you do buy a package with the domain, make a note to enable the protection right away.

taha116

Reaction score
Thanks livewire! I always assumed you have to get that privacy protection before registering a domain for some reason.

If I could burden you with another issue, I get a 404 error anytime I click on cloudflare in cPanel and this was not an issue a week ago. Is there anything you guys can do from your end to fix it? If the issue was caused by something I did I would love to know for future reference. Thanks!

Edit: Erhm so this is embarrassing. There seems to be another issue (with the regular x10 panel), I was considering going illuminated or prime for a while but I actually cant access the learn more page on either of them either. I just get a blank page in both my browsers so I don't think I can upgrade even if I was decided. Are the plans discontinued?

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Prime and Illuminated are not available for new purchase at the moment, no. We don't know about "discontinued"; there has been no announcement as yet, and the last piece of official news we've gotten is that the plans and the software to subscribe to them are being re-jiggered. It's been that way for a long time now, though, and I personally don't expect to see anything before the dedicated Sitebuilder and WordPress hosting plans are rolled out sometime later this year. (That, however, is just rumour and speculation and such. Nobody's in a position to tell you anything firm until it's officially announced; even the people who know for certain can't tell you more until they're ready to tell the world.)