Install Awstats in our servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuisinedelice

Reaction score
Hi!

After a discution about this in my post, I would like the return of Awstats in the CPanel, but, for preserve ressources of the server, It can be activated or dissabled by an option.

I think that an Hosting is not an Hosting without a stats viewer. It's very important for everybody to have his stats for know if he have some visitors without adding script in her code (Google Analystic for exemple).

So, I think that is better for our members.

Thanks for your time and attention, cuisined a young french. :biggrin: (correct me if they are mistakes, I learn english, I've 14 years old ;) )

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
For what it's worth, services like Google Analytics are far superior in most ways to AWStats and don't use any server resources; so it's beneficial in more than one way. Also, adding a preference for AWStats wouldn't really be any better, it is still consuming server resources that could be used for running other processes (Apache etc) at a more optimal rate.
If you are against Google specifically, there are plenty of other alternatives that offer almost identical functionality. Piwik is one that is similar to AWStats but won't use anywhere near the volume of resources and can be user installed. Admittedly, it does still require a few lines of code on each page, but it really isn't that hard to copy and paste on each page you want logged.

cuisinedelice

Reaction score
:eek4: thanks for the Piwik link! It's super! In french, beautiful presentation, more userfriendly, etc...

very fast, more complete than Awstats!

Thank you very much! I go to install it!

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I thought your issue was with inserting the additional code? What do you have against Google?

cuisinedelice

Reaction score
Against Google? Nothing. But I prefer Piwik for same reasons :
- Disponible at the site adress
- very complet and userfriendly
- stats are not viewable for all

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
What do you mean the stats are not viewable for all as far as i know google analytics are only viewable to you. Google RULES!

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Old discussion is old. Awstats (or any other stats program) is not being installed as it would cause an immense drain on server resources due to the fact we host thousands of accounts. If you want site stats/analytics, you can use a method that inserts tracking code into your pages.

Thread closed, don't necro old threads in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.