Is there any way of retreiving an accidentally deleted file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ante.allah.fjante51

Reaction score
because I made a slight mistake....

if not, does anyone have a default configuration file for SMF (I would just add another install and move it but I am at 2/4 sql databases and it REFUSES to create another one, telling me that I am at the maximum allowed number)

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Anything that gets deleted in your account is completely non-retrievable unless you kept a backup of it yourself. Since SMF is free, at least it was free the last time I checked, simply download it from it's official site, and then modify the default configuration file to your settings. Then upload it to the correct place in your account.

The alternative is to go ahead and add another install using the database information that you are already using for one of your current databases. If it's alright, then just go and delete everything, even the database you would want to remake, and then do a re-install of everything.

As for the number of sql databases, the cPanel is listing by default 2 MySql and 2 Postgresql. Postgresql isn't available in free hosting at all, so despite that, you still only get 2 databases in your free hosting account.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There is a way to keep the database info. Instead of using Softaculous to uninstall SMF (because it will delete the database, too), just go delete everything that is SMF in your file manager inside the public_html directory (don't delete the public_html directory itself. It is an important directory for your account.) Then when you go to Softaculous after that, have it install another in the same place with the same database that you still have. Let me know if that works.

If it doesn't work that way, then go download SMF from its official site, since it is free. Then upload all of the files and fill out the database info where it asks for it, using the one you already have.

Last edited:

ante.allah.fjante51

Reaction score
ok, you cannot install with an existing database :( Have to make a new one...

Second, how to import again?
I know how to export :D

nvm, found out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.