.it domain / godaddy / nameserver issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0dex10h

Reaction score
I've been trying to park my new domain (c0de.it purchased from GoDaddy) on my x10 site (c0de.x10host.com).

The problem is I keep getting this response error:

The modifications you requested for the domain C0DE.IT have FAILED.

Error: nameserver check failed
========================== CONFIGURATION ==========================
ZONE : c0de.it.
NS <= : ns1.x10hosting.com. [99.198.122.2]
NS : ns2.x10hosting.com. [108.178.57.230]

============================ ERROR(S) =============================
f> [TEST SOA record present]: answer refused from server (IN/SOA: c0de.it.)
=> ns1.x10hosting.com./99.198.122.2

The issue seems to be that both ends want things verified first. GoDaddy wants the entry in the x10 nameserver first, and x10 wants GoDaddy to have the nameservers pointed to x10's nameservers first. I can't seem to do one without doing the other first.

What do I do?

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Hi, have you tried this? Do you get an error on GoDaddy when trying to add the nameservers?
GoDaddy should just let you add the nameservers, which are:

1. ns1.x10hosting.com
  2. ns2.x10hosting.com

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi, have you tried this? Do you get an error on GoDaddy when trying to add the nameservers?

That is what he is saying.

Some country domians (pretty sure .it is one of them) requires that the target nameservers (ie, ns1.x10hosting) be fully setup before the registrar can point the DNS to those nameservers.
On the other hand, x10hosting requires that the DNS point to x10hosting's nameservers before you can add the domain via cPanel -- which then sets up the nameservers.

Catch 22.

An Admin has to add/setup the zone file manually.

And they will have to know exactly how the domain is spelled. The letter "o" or the numeral "0" ?

c0dex10h

Reaction score
Thanks Descalzo. Is there a place I can request an admin to setup the zone file manually?

The domain is c0de.it spelled with a zero. (It's usually fairly obvious, but this forum font shrinks the numbers, so it's hard to distinguish here, but it is indeed a zero.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have parked the domain from the backend so you should be able to configure it at godaddy shortly.

Due to the fact I did it through backend there may be a short delay before you properly see it in your control panel.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Since this matter has been resolved I'll close the thread to mark is as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.