I've been suspended with a wrong reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastsaeid59

Banned
Reaction score
hi to all
my hosting account has been suspended because of translation error.
but I already have Manual translation in my site!!!!
please revise my website I think your Automatic system has made a mistake.:frown:

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

help plz.....

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't one of the automatic suspensions; this one was set by a manual review. It seems, according to the reason, that there is actually a problem with the manual translation. To quote the suspension, "the available translation to english leaves quite a bit of the page untranslated, and google translate cannot translate what is left." I do remember seeing this page at one point in the past; the entire left-side wouldn't translate properly, but I'm not 100% sure who left the suspension, to be honest.

I'm going to remove the suspension to check up on it; if it turns out it does need more translating, you'd have 48hr to get it to translate; I'll post back in a few.

lastsaeid59

Banned
Reaction score
this is the error :
PHP:
suspension Manual translation required; the available translation to "english" leaves quite a bit of the page untranslated, and google translate cannot translate what is left.
when I translate my website I asked admin to see my translation and they said it's OK but now......why???
when you want suspend me because of that first warn me to make that correct that......:confused:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The entire left side of the main site doesn't translate at all, same with the page title, but my guess to the main suspension reason is that there's a ton of images that can't be read cause they're not in english.

The forums themselves are a bigger issue as they are 90% untranslatable, and what is translatable of the rules flat out says "Do not speak in english," which I can see overlooking because it's a forum, and thus difficult to translate anyways.

What I find impossible to overlook though is why there are posts linking to stuff like, and I quote "All Albums Faramarz Mahjoub," who I promptly find out on google isn't giving his music out for free legally, among others. Translations are one thing, but copyright infringement is another, and some of it has been posted by the staff of the board. This is a much more serious issue, which currently has it marked as a zero tolerance suspension. I'm not sure who suspended it originally, but had they seen this they'dve marked it differently.

Edit: I also looked at post history; the user who reviewed the site previously appears to have not actually checked the forums. This is an older post by one of our staff on forum postings:
if a few of the viewers would reply in their/your language that would be fine, we won't require you to translate them, as long as they are in minority.

However if there would be more posts in another language then in one of the allowed, you'd need to translate them

I know that's from 2009, I've said it more recently than that but I'm looking for a more recent example.

Edit 2: http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/145944-question-language-part-tos.html January 2011; the problem is it's not "a few posts," it's the entire forum not in a supported language, plus that they're trafficking illegal stuff on it. Not a good thing, to put it bluntly.

Last edited:

lastsaeid59

Banned
Reaction score
OK,you right about the translation of forum but my site is for a special region of my country and for the people who mostly don't know English and ...and they just know Persian and Gilaki (a special accent),and of course it's a forum and any body post...

and about the full album I want to say all of the albums and movie of singers which we put in forum are legally because I'm in contact with composers and the singers of albums and movies.they are my friend and I ask them to do that.you should first ask me about it and then do that
I said our site is for the city in north of our country and all of the content is about it and nothing under copyright rule

I want ask another thing....
if I buy the premium again I have these problem?????

and if premium don't have these kind of problem , please unsuspend me for 3 or 4 day I'll promise to buy your service

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

no one help :((

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Let's talk about the copyright issue first, shall we? We can't just take your word that you have permission to redistribute material in which the copyright is held by others, and the artist does not have the legal ability to give permission for redistribution in any case (unless that's explicitly spelled out in a contract) -- it's the creator of the recording, not the person who is being recorded, who holds the rights. That may, indeed, be the artist, but it's not always (or even usually) the case. In any event, explicit notice regarding copyright and permissions would have to be present and verifiable before it would be acceptable.

Copyright violation is a matter of law. Premium services are not exempt from those laws, so the conditions regarding copyright would be the same. The only difference having a Premium account would make is regarding the language issue; you would not be required to maintain a translation of the site. That being said, most of the other content restrictions would still be in place; website content that is illegal under US law would still be prohibited, and x10's policies regarding adult content are still in place (you can check the Terms of Service for x10Premium yourself, and the Acceptable Use Policy is the same as for Free Hosting).

lastsaeid59

Banned
Reaction score
yes you right but I think you misunderstood something
these singer which I put albums of theme in my site are not as famous to have international copyright
they are my friend and some of theme are start to sing lately and also they want to release their works from sites to introduce theme self as singer ,they said to a lot of website to put their album on them.
and also one of the singer is my brother.You see...they are such a singer...
you mean that every where you see Full album it's under copyright rule,It's kind of joke
if I put some album of big and international singers ya you right ,but I don't
I think you should look at theme again
please unsuspend me

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

but about language i said let me just 50 hours,I'll do something for it.I'll buy or translate ....

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You forget what Livewire said about one of the singers:
What I find impossible to overlook though is why there are posts linking to stuff like, and I quote "All Albums Faramarz Mahjoub," who I promptly find out on google isn't giving his music out for free legally, among others.

Copyright obviously belonged to Faramarz Mahjoub, and he didn't give out permission unless you can prove otherwise. Please provide proof of you having permission to distribute copyrighted music. This isn't a joke. These webhosting servers are in the US and international copyright law applies in this situation.

If you can't provide proof, then your suspension is permanent.

lastsaeid59

Banned
Reaction score
Copyright obviously belonged to Faramarz Mahjoub, and he didn't give out permission unless you can prove otherwise.
how you found this thing THAT he doesen't give me permission......????!!!
I send email him and his family he said no problem
and plase look at these :
http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=11558443&song=Gilaki+-+Faramarz+Mahjoub+-+Aha+bogou
http://nothaa.com/faramarz-mahjoub.html
http://www.tirip.com/album/2466.htm
http://www.iransong.com/person/1512.htm
and also you can easily find his all songs in you tube !!
you mean all of them is under Copyright rule

how can I proof it to you that I send Email to him and his family??how???!!:((

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
And for your further education, copyright in inherent -- it exists at the moment a work is created, and it doesn't matter whether the creator of the work is internationally famous or not. It doesn't even matter, in most countries, whether the creator intended to copyright the work, and assignment or revocation (which is impossible in many jurisdictions) of that copyright must be explicit or by statute and pre-existing contract (in the case of "work for hire"). Use of copyright work is only permissible by license, and proof of license is what is required here.

If your artists hold copyright and intend free distribution (so that they can become famous) then they should explicitly license the work under something like the Creative Commons, where licenses for individual works can be registered and verified (at no cost).

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
how you found this thing THAT he doesen't give me permission......????!!!
I send email him and his family he said no problem
and plase look at these :
http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=11558443&song=Gilaki+-+Faramarz+Mahjoub+-+Aha+bogou
http://nothaa.com/faramarz-mahjoub.html
http://www.tirip.com/album/2466.htm
http://www.iransong.com/person/1512.htm
and also you can easily find his all songs in you tube !!
you mean all of them is under Copyright rule

how can I proof it to you that I send Email to him and his family??how???!!:((

Yes. They are all under copyright laws. It doesn't matter how many places on the internet you find sharing music. The burden of proof that you have permission is on you.

As I said, you are sharing the music through US servers so it isn't just sharing locally in your part of your country. When you share outside of your country, you are distributing this music internationally. Therefore, copyright laws in the US apply here because you are sharing music in an US server.

Last edited:

lastsaeid59

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know such simple singer need something like this,I really don't know!!??
but now what can I do????
I spend a lot of time and energy on my website??
can You suggest a way for me?
I have alot of visitors??what can I do now???:((

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

I said how can I proof it to you now????
I ask him for doing that but I don't know I should ask you to do that....
if it's big problem please delete that files till I talk to him and said to him again send me email and I'll bring that email for or ....I don't know rally??

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You need to show a document of the permission from each of the music artists whose music was shared in your site. Your account will remain suspended until you provide this proof. This means that you have 14 days to gather and provide these proofs of permission.

lastsaeid59

Banned
Reaction score
OK,I send him email again
but he don't know English a lot
is there any problem if he said in Farsi?!!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
This is getting worse; there is 1.4GB of mp3's on your account. I'm going to break out the Terms of Service for this:
* Illegal Material: This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State, or Local regulation. You may not store copyrighted Mp3s or videos on your webspace in any way shape or form.

I bolded the applicable part;It's easy to overlook a few mp3's, but 1.4gb? It's right in the terms that you are NOT allowed to do this. This means we've got a major unsupported language violation, and a HUGE amount of mp3's that are right in the TOS as not being allowed. To be honest, this is pretty much as blatantly against the TOS as I've seen.

At this point, since emails can be forged and as such don't constitute legal notarized proof, this one's permanent. 1.4gb of music is -far- beyond what can be overlooked, especially when we're talking full discographies from MULTIPLE artists.

Last edited:

lastsaeid59

Banned
Reaction score
in TOS said copyrighted but I have permission of all!!!!!!!!
and also said the storing files which doesn't related to your site but this not true for me
I don't think you mean all kind of mp3 and video
please help

if you can delete them and unsuspend my account or every thing you want....but I need my website
please do something for me
If I break TOS it's because of misunderestanding
what can you do and what can i do??!!!I rally spend time to design it
please....

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't say anything was wrong about File Storage, I quoted the part about the TOS that says "You may not host copyrighted mp3's on your account in any way, shape, or form." That has nothing to do with the files not being related to the site, but everything to do with that you can't put copyrighted mp3's on the account, especially as they aren't yours.

If you do actually have written and notarized legally binding documents that indicate you have redistribution rights for the songs, I can make an email account for copies of them to be sent to. Keep in mind, emails are not legally binding documents as they're too easy to forge. If you don't have written and notarized legally binding documents, then this suspension would have to be permanent under the TOS which indicates illegal material isn't allowed, without even taking the unsupported language into account (unsupported language isn't permanent, although I do admit it'dve been difficult to translate an entire forum's worth of posts in 48 hours).

I can understand having a few mp3's for a playlist, but having 1.4gb of full albums from multiple authors up for public download is an entirely different issue.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
File hosting is still also against TOS:

* File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service and we strictly prohibit scripts such as torrentflux or rapidleech.

1. Server Usage

Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads. x10Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone. Each individual is allowed ONE account only. x10Hosting does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers.

* File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

That last quote is especially serious. You haven't given proof yet that you have permission of the music artists to give away their music, and yet you don't own the music either, so it's not in any way similar to "you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away".

Last edited:

lastsaeid59

Banned
Reaction score
I don't have a internationally document to proof that because i said they are all our family friend and the mostly I get permission even on phone,I call theme and say theme that.that copyright rule I think doesn't have any meaning for my mp3
what do you mean by legally document ?
what can I send for you???

I don't know really how to proof!!!!
these singer are not like me to say theme come here and talk to you......I don't know
i'm going to be crazy.....I really try hard for my website..:((

if you don't accept what I'm saying OK delete them
I don't know.....everything you want....
but just let me back up MySQL and the template of my website
or back up these file for me and send it to me

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Without a legal document saying you have redistribution rights, the account would have to stay suspended; under section 6 of the TOS you're responsible for backups, and under section 8 we're not obligated to provide them.

That said, I'm willing to go and figure out how to get a mysql database dumped and sent (assuming I can do it via commandline since the account itself is frozen), but I cannot recover any of the other data from the account itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.