[Javascript] Protected Pages

secretply

Reaction score
I am fairly done with the password protected pages that I have done from yesterday. What I have is a link that will open a popup window showing the protected page then requires the user to enter a password to access another page from that javascript. Alright, I have the enter password to another page down and working but before that I have a little issue. I used this code to open another window:

Code:
<a href="javascript:newWin();" onclick="newWin(); return false;>

Here's the issue, when clicked it does show the javascript in a new window BUT when the window is still opened (minimized or not) and the user clicks on the same link the content would duplicate but still on the same window. Is it possible to make sure that when the window is opened, the link does nothing until the window is closed or when the window is minimized and still opened, set a focus to show that the window is still opened? Thanks a bunch in advance for any help.

Issue Resolved: I re-looked at the website that I started with it and I apparently forgot to stop the document from writing itself over and over again.

Last edited:

espfutbol98

Reaction score
I would never use Javascript for protecting pages because the user can view the script. I would use server-side scripting. It's fine for the pop-up box. Question, is the "pop-up box" an alert box or is it styled and everything? Just asking because most people hate alert boxes.