Jealous See

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
IchWar, does the linux dock have 30+ styles? Does it have windows animation? Does it have docklets (clock dock, rss dock, stack dock, internet dock, battery dock, system usage dock etc)? Does it have a lot of plugins?

I could even put video in my dock xD

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
IchWar, does the linux dock have 30+ styles? Does it have windows animation? Does it have docklets (clock dock, rss dock, stack dock, internet dock, battery dock, system usage dock etc)? Does it have a lot of plugins?

I could even put video in my dock xD
Yes. There are tons of themes for AWN. I'm not sure what you mean by windows animation, so if you could explain what you mean, I'll bet it can do it. It most definitely does have tons of docklets and plugins. And yes, I can put a video player on my dock too. I can also get special effects for the icons. ie. I can choose whether I want them to bounce at mouse over, or spin, or zoom or what ever else. On top of that, the dock always stays in sight but never overlaps the current window. Can anyone else do that?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsuN1HqSUk

With windows animation I mean that the window get minimized to the dock, then if something happens, it starts to bounce. Really good for IRC, as you'll see when there is new messages. Then if you minimize youtube or a mediaplayer with the video still playing, you can see it playing in the icon.

I don't minimize programs to the dock tho, as I like to see all open programs in the taskbar, I don't want those to hide xD (I forgot I had a lot of things open when I minimized it to the dock)

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
All I can say to that is;

1) ichwar should be honoured, to have a YouTube video made especially for him!

2) that was interesting watching how your dock operates - Thanks!

3) someone please get on & Rep vigge_sWe. From that sneaky-peak of his UserCP, it looks like the last Rep vigge got was from me back in March! ;)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmmm, should I make a video of my dock right back at you? I'd need to learn how to screen cast though.

Meanwhile, my dock can do all that, and the icons are a whole ton fancier than those ugly grey squares.
Edit:
Would you like a suggestion? :thefinger
I'm still waiting for your suggestion.....

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
You know Ichwar, what vigge did was simply download a set of icons. I use different icons, but I find the 'ugly grey squares' interesting.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's fine. If he likes those grey squares, that's fine. But I think they make windos look even uglier.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So you want me to yell in your face?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Yell what? That you find the icons ugly?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yell what? That you find the icons ugly?
Nono, :D
You need to go back a couple of pages and read the conversation between zen-r and I.
Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsuN1HqSUk

With windows animation I mean that the window get minimized to the dock, then if something happens, it starts to bounce. Really good for IRC, as you'll see when there is new messages. Then if you minimize youtube or a mediaplayer with the video still playing, you can see it playing in the icon.

I don't minimize programs to the dock tho, as I like to see all open programs in the taskbar, I don't want those to hide xD (I forgot I had a lot of things open when I minimized it to the dock)
I like the way you kept trying and trying and trying to close firefox before you finally stopped the video. :D
Those were some of the little frustrations that helped to scare me away from windos.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
So, tell me ichwar, what happened to taha116 since you persuaded him to install Linux, & then his installation died on him after only 1 month? ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/computers-technology/99512-installing-linux-7.html#post566133

He hasn't been on the forums since then!

I wonder if, when he decides that Windows was less aggro all along, he'll re-install it so that he can use his PC & start posting here again?!

Oh, & you must be the only person left on the planet who thinks that me suggesting that you :thefinger - means to "yell in someone's face".

But then, nothing you've said in this thread makes much sense, & you only seem to be coming back here to troll us all the time, so I wouldn't expect any better of you.

Has anyone got any good Troll pics, for ichwar's new avatar? :biggrin:

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know what happened to taha. He never posted back after steronius and I gave him some things to do.

No, I don't have a troll pic.

Now watch out for a screencast.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

zen-r

Reaction score
The print server was running a custom version of Linux...

This what happened lasted I saw somebody try to work under Linux: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiqqDVl0p7A

Lol.

If I didn't already know what ichwar looks like, I'd swear that could be him trying to work with Linux!

(still hoping someone has a good Troll pic for ichwar, by the way ;) )

We seem to be onto a bit of a theme now, with these Linux videos. Here's one more for good measure, this time of Linux's latest, most hi-tech features being demonstrated by it's support team ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J9-Qr7oz-4&feature=related