JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

odysseyinsurance

Reaction score
Hi, I have a joomla site with you guys on the free hosting plan,

I read the news and services etc and that my server is getting migrated onto another server, my site is up and running fine but trying to upload any files via ftp says I can't connect to host and trying to upload via joomlas installer gives me "JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port 21" I'm sorry if you guys have had loads of reports like this and I'm not sure on your migration process, but I'm not sure if it's a post issue or a due process

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Hi, I have a joomla site with you guys on the free hosting plan,

I read the news and services etc and that my server is getting migrated onto another server, my site is up and running fine but trying to upload any files via ftp says I can't connect to host and trying to upload via joomlas installer gives me "JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port 21" I'm sorry if you guys have had loads of reports like this and I'm not sure on your migration process, but I'm not sure if it's a post issue or a due process

127.0.0.1 is a local IP, try using your domains name in your FTP client.
Unless your uploading with Joomla? If putting 127.0.0.1 isnt working for that, try your domain name there too.

Also, to see what's going on with our servers you can visit this site http://status.x10hosting.com
You might want to bookmark it for future viewing ;)

odysseyinsurance

Reaction score
thanks man, yeah I got 127.0.0.1 for my joomla ftp which is held on the server, should I type in "localhost" on my joomla installation?

edit - I just typed in "localhost" in the address for the ftp on joomla and got the same response. Do you think it could be a migration error

Last edited:

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
"localhost" just points back to 127.0.0.1

Are you manually installing Joomla? Or using Softaculous?
If your doing this manually, my suggestion would be to use the Softaculous installation. It's much simpler and takes care of 99% of the work.

odysseyinsurance

Reaction score
joomla is already installed (been on for a while) but since the migration I've not been able to upload... same username and passwords etc

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Oh, well you could put "localhost" or if that doesnt work then try putting your domains name.
If it still don't work, assuming your on Chopin? (Since you mention the migration, unless your referring to all the servers) then FTP might currently be offline so users cannot suck up the servers bandwidth while accounts are being transferred.

odysseyinsurance

Reaction score
yeah, I seen that guy below saying that uploading isnt working so I'm thinking it might be a server migration issue but I dunno, odd how my site is online but I can't connect to it via ftp

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Your sites online because it's been transferred successfully. ;)
But yeah, the best bet is to wait. I'm guessing the transfers should all be done hopefully before Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.