Joomla 1.5 Install problem - cannot connect to mysql database

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyp

Reaction score
Dear all,
I have read the installation miniguide on this site which was really helpful and now I am able to run the installation process. Unfortunately I cannot get te installation to see the database I have set up.

I have tried so many permutations of host, dbname, password and all of them give the following errror message:

Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

My database is called JoomlaDB - it appears as mikeyp_JoomlDB
The user is mikeyp and the username appears in the CP as mikeyp_mikeyp

I have tried various settings for the hostname - localhost , mysql.x10hosting.com, http:// mydomain.x10hosting.com, http://my real domain name.com

I have tried the db name as JoolaDB and mikeyp_JoomlaDB,a d also both the username mikeyp and mikeyp_mikeyp.

Everything I do gives the same error message.

The user has been added to the database and has all permissions. The DB checks out OK.

Any ideas please?

Cheers
Mike

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Hmm, the database hostname would be "localhost", the username and password would be that of which you made in the database wizard so, yes, if it shows as mikeyp_mikeyp that would be the username and the password - whatever you set, the database name would be mikeyp_JoomlDB do remember all are case sensitive.

mikeyp

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. As I had tried that and it hadn't worked, I decided to delete the database and re-add it and the user.

The install then worked fine and I am now up an running!

Cheers
Mike

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Great,

I'm going to go ahead and close this, let us know if you need further assistance by re-opening this thread or creating a new one.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.