Joomla PHP 7.2+ requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarc

Reaction score
My site uses Joomla latest version and a few weeks ago started getting a PHP warning message.

Warning
Your PHP version, 7.1.32, is only receiving security fixes from the PHP project at this time. This means your PHP version will soon no longer be supported. We recommend planning to upgrade to a newer PHP version before it reaches end of support on 2019-12-01. Joomla will be faster and more secure if you upgrade to a newer PHP version. Please contact your host for upgrade instructions.

My Cpanel does not offer a selection to select PHP 7.2 or 7.3. PHP 7.1 is the highest option shown. Is x10hosting planning on making available PHP 7.2 or latest 7.3 version?

bcarc

Reaction score
Its been 3 weeks and so far no reply or change to cpanel. Server x01 still only allows up to 7.1 selection within cpanel. I guess no one at x10hosting is reading these threads or cares enough to answer.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
Its been 3 weeks and so far no reply or change to cpanel. Server x01 still only allows up to 7.1 selection within cpanel. I guess no one at x10hosting is reading these threads or cares enough to answer.

Try to install the script manually. Since the Softaculous for cPanel (the auto-install script for any PHP site available to it) on x10hosting is not working as intended. Manual install is guaranteed to work.

My site uses Joomla latest version and a few weeks ago started getting a PHP warning message.

Warning
Your PHP version, 7.1.32, is only receiving security fixes from the PHP project at this time. This means your PHP version will soon no longer be supported. We recommend planning to upgrade to a newer PHP version before it reaches end of support on 2019-12-01. Joomla will be faster and more secure if you upgrade to a newer PHP version. Please contact your host for upgrade instructions.

My Cpanel does not offer a selection to select PHP 7.2 or 7.3. PHP 7.1 is the highest option shown. Is x10hosting planning on making available PHP 7.2 or latest 7.3 version?

The deployment of latest revision of PHP 7 is still in progress and not visible at the moment. There's no notice of the status of its progress.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
some hosting companies do not update their server software just to satisfy
the needs of specific web scripts requirements.
they update as they deem its required to do so, so you may be waiting a while
before x10 hosting makes such changes. it wont be done anytime soon.

so your best bet is to use a version of joomla that dont require extras,
but does work with what x10 hosting uses currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.