Just a thought

myforum3

Reaction score
Im pretty much useless in the help department as having a forum on this fantastic resource is more just a diversion to me than anything, however...

I ran into an issue for the second time today that might warrant a mention in the help yourself section.

Dead-i, i think it was mentioned that one of the many rules or quirks of this hosting that many may never encounter on most hosting is the rule about trying to post 4 or more links on your site. It will throw an error that befuddles maybe more folks than me, but people are creatures of habit, and once i tried to do that again, i immediately remembered and made the correction, which solved my own problem.

ajstetson17

Reaction score
I don't believe that it is a quirk or a simple rule. Based on my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), the link limit is one of the many security measures that they have as part of their mod_security implementation. It is their as a security measure to protect sites against spam and intrusions.

myforum3

Reaction score
Cant say you're wrong. I run several forums, mainly on paid hosting, and this is the only host that uses that feature, so it made it odd for me. I also have no spam or intrusion issues anywhere, including here. Links are a very useful feature for me and brings a lot of legit traffic to my sites. But no matter, when in Rome :)