"Login session has expired" / "IP Address has changed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cscrovx1

Reaction score
Good day.

Hi, I haven't been able to use the control panel properly as I get either the "Login session has expired" or the "IP address has changed" prompt.

I have tried all the suggestions on similar threads, such as clearing the cache, flushing DNS, etc...

The situation is the same whether on Chrome, Internet explorer, or Firefox.

I am not on mobile so I know my IP address is not changing, and I've checked whatismyip.com and verified that, indeed, my IP address has remained the same since I tried logging in to cpanel today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't seem to work on my site.

[site address removed]

Edit: I removed the site address as I noticed so much activity after posting the address here that my site was eventually temporarily disabled for so much resource usage, this has never happened before, until I posted the site address here. What a disappointment, instead of support you get disabled. :-(

Thanks!

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I looked at the logs, I can confirm your IP is indeed changing between two separate IP addresses, often times within the same minute.

I'll PM you some of the log lines that contains the IP addresses in question.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Edit: I removed the site address as I noticed so much activity after posting the address here that my site was eventually temporarily disabled for so much resource usage, this has never happened before, until I posted the site address here. What a disappointment, instead of support you get disabled.
there is a known issue with [ Website Temporarily Disabled - excessive resource usage ]
as I type this your post (thread) has had a total of 25 "Views" - IF they all hit your site (using the site address) at the same time - within a small part of one second (very unlikely) - there might be excessive resource usage

look at the threads (first page or two) in this forum with subject about excessive resource usage

x10hosting's staff are working on this issue - see --> [ https://x10hosting.com/community/th...sive-resource-usage.196157/page-2#post-941552 ] - you might read the full thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.