Making money

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This is what I have always loved to do.

I have loved to, not have to work, and get paid. Well, I have always wanted to work a little, gain a lot. (You all would love this)...but life and making money for kids is not easy, trust me.

I call 1 type of person rich.

This type of person, .......does not have to work. That is my definition in a way of what rich means. If you have to work, you're not rich.

Well....I have found the wealthiest people in the world, still in fact work...or used to work. I have also found the wealthiest people own a company of some sort, that makes them money while they watch television.

Well....who ever said you need a legitamate business?......let me tell you this, if you wanted money, you would find your own ways of making it. That is right, sorry to burst your bubble but if you do, truly want money, you WILL have to find how to make it, with what you already have....what do you have...?

You have a government that does not let you work...for whatever reason.
You have parents that probably give you money to do something you would like with it....
You probably have some hate for other people in the world for not letting children make money just like the adults do. (this was me)...

Well...let me ask you this....are you good with children?....babysit...
are you good with snow or can stand the cold?....shovel snow...
are you good with a particular subject in school?....offer tutoring sessions...
are you a good dresser?....offer your fashion taste to others who need it....
are you good at doing something someone else can't always do?....make a bet, hopefully you win, and BAM, you got mail, (in your paypal account).
are you near some homes that might want someone to water their garden, or clean the house?....offer that service.....

LET ME SAY THIS, I am not sure if you just wanted to make money online, or if you wanted to make money in general, but whatever the case is....you CAN MAKE MONEY, if not over the table you can make money under the table....what the gov does not know CAN NOT AND WILL NOT HURT THEM...

If you wanted to make money....sit down RIGHT NOW, and write on a piece of paper, the ways you can make money, without having to use a business name.....but having to use your social skills.

Come on vigge_sWe you know you can do some of the things I said above...YOU KNOW IT....the real thing is, you probably thought about them...but did NOT want to make money bad enough to get money.

DESIRE is what drives people....without it, you and I and everyone else would have no....pizaz in our lives....adrenaline pumping through your system....starting out with any of these?...who cares...if you want your money bad enough, you will do at least one of them...

How long do people go to school in Sweden?...I have flown over it, beutiful landscape, would be nice to live there I beleive.....well, you know you can make money...and you know you just don't want to make money by "doing work"....well that's life man. You have to work a bit, then retire, work a bit and make a million.

Lose 1 million make 10 more.
This thread inspired me to make a topic on my forum, that is specifically set for people under 18, and tells them how to make money....you know where to find the forum. I'll be glad to help you with something if you would like it, just PM me.

Thankyou....just try what I already suggested...I know you have 2 hands and 2 feet and to walk and write, and I know you have a mouth to sell or yell...that is all you really need to make money...(Don't forget ambition, and desire.....which if you had enough of....you know you would have made money one way or another by now....)

Well from John Klyne, known as Lagron in my forums...if you would like more ideas.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You can't expect instant wonders with making money online no matter what you try to do. I can promise you that unless you do get extremely lucky. How serious do you think some of these laws are. I know they're laws and things but in a way, not that I practise these, they're there to be broken.

So what if you're not 18 yet. I'm not sure on your age - think you may have mentioned it in your first post - but Adsense says you have to be 18 I believe to enrol in the programme.
*Went and searched it up*
Yes I was right...

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

So oops, you've already broken one rule. What you going to do about that?

One tip though, if you go down the website route to make money, do not start your site off filled with ads. Turns people away, that's not what they want to see. By all means keep a space available for them for the near future and add them subtly (not quite sure that's really a word?) over time.

Good luck, my work here is done now. Just goes to show how much you really want money though. Perhaps not enough. I don't know.

the google adSense is signed up under my mom ;).

Also, you need to be 18 to use any google service, even search. So we all (most) break the rule now and then.

And remember, I don't try to become rich ;). I just need some money so later in 3 - 4 years I can afford a new computer, because by then this computer would be pretty useless with 3D animation (3D animation software is really expensive, I mean it...)

I would likely want to pay for all my *cough*illegal*cough* software too, but I see it quite impossible right now. Like I am a computer student, a requirement is adobe master collection, autodesk Maya and a decent computer for 3D.

Sure, my school gives me a limited license, that will end in 2 years, and anything I make with them I can't sell, because it is non-commercial licenses.

http://www.hardware-revolution.com/ had made me an computer for 3D animation, that costed around $1500.
Adobe master collection CS4 = $764 (student price)
Autodesk Maya = $8 464 (o_O, I'll think I skip 3d animation from my future, even tho I almost got highest grade :/)

so if I choose to continue with 3D animation and webdesign, it would cost me $10728 :shock:

Well then, I think the 3D animation in school is a completely waste... $8 464 is just too much... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay much.

You have parents that probably give you money to do something you would like with it....

Max $100/year... My mom has no real job, just half-time.
We live mostly on her job and on allowance. After bills are paid etc, there is not much left. We also got a loan on 600 000 SEK (73 170 USD) on our appartement

Well...let me ask you this....are you good with children?....babysit... |Nope, not good with children
are you good with snow or can stand the cold?....shovel snow... | We don't have snow in sweden, just at the far north
are you good with a particular subject in school?....offer tutoring sessions... | yes, but I hate to teach out, because swedes don't easily understand ;)
are you a good dresser?....offer your fashion taste to others who need it.... | nooooooooo
are you good at doing something someone else can't always do?....make a bet, hopefully you win, and BAM, you got mail, (in your paypal account). | PHP, XHTML, CSS, somewhat 3D, a bit JAVA
are you near some homes that might want someone to water their garden, or clean the house?....offer that service..... | nope, no gardens here

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
vigge_sWe, that is what a website is all about. You find something that you are good at or know a fair amount about. I'll use the example of 3D animation. THen you build a website around that. You write about. You write about how to do it, you write about resources
how to use a particular program, in this istance: all that adobe stuff. You'd write about WHATEVER people search for in google, yahoo, live, etc. that is related to 3D animation. You list your sitemap with the search engines, and then you'll start getting a percentage of those searches! If the search engines see that people like what you write, they'll start sending you more people, and more and more! My latest site has been up for less than a month and already I've made the first page of google for some searches and google is sending me a few people a day. Once you get enough people per day, atleast 20 unique visitors a day (not very hard) you can start putting ads on your pages and making money.

What's best about this is that minors can do this. I'm a minor, I know several people who are minors, and have been very successful in this. It's perfectly legal for minors. And the site will be there for the rest of your life making you money!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
like http://jagf.net/blog/3d ?

got around 400 visitors on that category.

Yes! something like that. How do you get the visitors? The way to make money is that you need to get those visitors from search engines like Google or Yahoo or Live or something like that. That ensures that your content is good, (other wise the search engines won't send you traffic) and if you've got good traffic, then you're ready to start monetizing that traffic.

One thing though: what do you mean by 400 visitors? Is that the total you've ever gotten on that site since you started? If so, then that is not nearly enough. If that is 400 visitors a day, then you should EASILY be able to make 400 dollars a year on ads.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes! something like that. How do you get the visitors? The way to make money is that you need to get those visitors from search engines like Google or Yahoo or Live or something like that. That ensures that your content is good, (other wise the search engines won't send you traffic) and if you've got good traffic, then you're ready to start monetizing that traffic.

One thing though: what do you mean by 400 visitors? Is that the total you've ever gotten on that site since you started? If so, then that is not nearly enough. If that is 400 visitors a day, then you should EASILY be able to make 400 dollars a year on ads.

Untitled-2-18.jpg

~20 per day. Spiders love my pages. Got more spider visits than users :/

http://www.projectwonderful.com/advertisehere.php?id=30287&type=1

mostly all traffic from google

Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well...let me ask you this....are you good with children?....babysit... |Nope, not good with children
are you good with snow or can stand the cold?....shovel snow... | We don't have snow in sweden, just at the far north
are you good with a particular subject in school?....offer tutoring sessions... | yes, but I hate to teach out, because swedes don't easily understand ;)
are you a good dresser?....offer your fashion taste to others who need it.... | nooooooooo
are you good at doing something someone else can't always do?....make a bet, hopefully you win, and BAM, you got mail, (in your paypal account). | PHP, XHTML, CSS, somewhat 3D, a bit JAVA
are you near some homes that might want someone to water their garden, or clean the house?....offer that service..... | nope, no gardens here

Okay, well, you see, in posts I also said, that if you really wanted to make money, you would find a way to make it...the help a person offers is exactly the type of help you must definitely not be looking for. Well let me also say this, people in the world do what they don't want to, people in this world do what they want to do, and have what they want to have if they really try to get it, or have it.....wanting money for a computer....you could make that money easily if you toke of my suggestions into consideration...

I'll stop trying to help now, as there are many people in the world that want money without having to really do alot of work...like I said in my others posts in order to not work and still have money, you have to start and to work for a short amount of time and then when you're ready to quit you do it.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, wait, I see what you meant. Yes, you would build a site around that. You would try and write a minimum of 30 pages, but up to 200 pages! They would all be about some aspect of 3d animation. One of them could be that blog post you linked to.

There is a service that I use that helps me do all this more efficiently, among the many things, it: shows me what people search for so I know what to write about ( for example it tells me that an extremely popular search tearm is: learn origami, so I want to write my page with the key word learn origami, not something else like learn how to fold origami or something like that because google won't send me as many people if I do that!) It also updates my site map automaticly and automaticly alerts the four big searchengines each time I build a new page or update an old one! It has great traffic monitoring tools so I can tell which pages are good and which need to be redone. It tells me which key words are bringing people to my site, (for example it tells me that a lot of people get to my site by typing "origami terms" into google! This service does ALL my site programming for me so that I don't have to worry about not knowing enough php or css or something like that. And they've got LOTs of free templates.
It just enables me to put all of my attention into writing the pages, and I don't have to worry about the technical stuff like the site design or constantly updateing my site map and having to ping all the search engines each time I make a change, that gets really tedious really fast.

Unfortunately, I can't link to this service here since they are also a webhost.
But I hope you get the idea of what I mean by building an information based site.
Edit:
Ok, you got 27 unique visitors yesterday. If you get 27 unique visitors a day, then you might, get 27 dollars a year. You need more.

Where did those visitors come from? Google? Yahoo? or links on another website?
Edit:
One more thing to note: What I'm talking about is an information website: see this one for an example of what I mean: http://hard-drive-help.com What you have is a blog. Blogs are good, that site I just showed you has a blog, but if all you have is a blog, you'll find it harder to make money than if you had an actual information site. But you still can make some money with a blog. There's nothing to stop you from having more than one site though.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
looks nice!
what do you mean by bidding on an ad?

withambition

Reaction score
I hate to change the subject, but why would you need all of that Adobe Software? If you're only doing 2d/3d graphics, then all that you'd need is Photoshop/Image Ready and Illustrator. Sure, it's nice to have Indesign and whatever else that package might contain, but it's not worth it.

And I'm sure that Maya has a student discount, too. If not then I'm completely positive that 3ds max had one - if people still use that nowadays.

I apologize for being off-topic, I'm getting into the "saving your money in the future!" subject, rather than making money..

puneye

Reaction score
I Earn About $40 In Adsense last year 2008.
It is very difficult to earn money in Internet.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
looks nice!
what do you mean by bidding on an ad?

http://projectwonderful.com

I hate to change the subject, but why would you need all of that Adobe Software? If you're only doing 2d/3d graphics, then all that you'd need is Photoshop/Image Ready and Illustrator. Sure, it's nice to have Indesign and whatever else that package might contain, but it's not worth it.

And I'm sure that Maya has a student discount, too. If not then I'm completely positive that 3ds max had one - if people still use that nowadays.

I apologize for being off-topic, I'm getting into the "saving your money in the future!" subject, rather than making money..

No textures without adobe. And webdesign

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

OK, I see. Yes, that looks like a good way to make money! And people will bid higher for your ad space if you have more traffic. So if you have 100 people a day coming to that page, you'll get more than if you only have 10 people a day. So you see, it all boils back down to getting as much traffic to your site as possible! And that's where you should try and get as much of that traffic from the searchengines, because that means you've 1: got good content, and 2: all the traffic is free, you're not paying anyone for the searchengines to send you traffic.

What keywords are people coming to that page for?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, latest search terms was :

Last search terms
Date Time Terms
January 8, 2009 10:41:39 watch tv on your xbox 2008
January 8, 2009 09:55:23 Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta 2
January 8, 2009 08:54:42 online radio 360
January 8, 2009 02:34:34 windows live messenger 2009 xbox360
January 7, 2009 18:13:40 nvivia tesla java
January 7, 2009 16:26:36 Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta 2
January 6, 2009 20:19:11 Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta 2
January 6, 2009 16:23:13 messenger 2009 is ugly
January 6, 2009 05:12:27 how to install wordpress on x10hosting
January 6, 2009 04:58:31 x10hosting install wordpress

Most popular:

Top search terms
Visits
stupid 23
comments 15
laycat 15
yahoo 11
laycat.com 11
whitespace 9
tutorial 9
Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta 2 9
september 7
october 6
thissucks 5
boinc 5
hosting 5
watch 4
windows 3
finally 3
speedupmypc 3
uniblue speedupmypc 2009 3
apache 3
portal 3

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Last search terms
Date Time Terms
January 8, 2009 10:41:39 watch tv on your xbox 2008
January 8, 2009 09:55:23 Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta 2
January 8, 2009 08:54:42 online radio 360
January 8, 2009 02:34:34 windows live messenger 2009 xbox360
January 7, 2009 18:13:40 nvivia tesla java
January 7, 2009 16:26:36 Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta 2
January 6, 2009 20:19:11 Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta 2
January 6, 2009 16:23:13 messenger 2009 is ugly
January 6, 2009 05:12:27 how to install wordpress on x10hosting
January 6, 2009 04:58:31 x10hosting install wordpress

So people found your site on google by putting in those terms? Wow. That's not bad!

What do you mean by "most popular"?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
ok, good!
Edit:
You've got a nice writing stile. I think you would be very good at building an information website. It would bring in a LOT more people than your blog does, and thus make more money too.

Last edited:

darkuredi

Reaction score
Okay, I read to page three then got slightly bored so I apologise if these things have already been mentioned in page 3 or 4.
$30 dollars is quite a nice amount of money to earn for doing nothing whatsoever, I'm 17 but where I live you can work from the age of 16 (18 in some places and also younger than 16 in very select places) however many people I know have worked underage, it seems to me that many companies will employ you underage in order for you to work below minimum wage. Personally, I think that washing cars is your best bet, theres nothing wrong with taking income from numerous sources, keeping your google adsense account, washing cars once a week and delivering the paper every day would bring in a nice income, these things take minimum effort. Plus once you see the money you won't really care either way.
I work 8 hours on a saturday till 11 at night in a chip shop, cleaning, serving customers, grating cheese, fetching stock from down the yard etc all simultaniously for minimum wage while also balancing college every day of the week. May not sound a lot but it is hard work - earning money is hard work which is something you need to understand.
I know paying for things yourself is hard, but it just makes you appreciate everything you earn a whole lot more - I promise you.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay, I read to page three then got slightly bored so I apologise if these things have already been mentioned in page 3 or 4.
$30 dollars is quite a nice amount of money to earn for doing nothing whatsoever, I'm 17 but where I live you can work from the age of 16 (18 in some places and also younger than 16 in very select places) however many people I know have worked underage, it seems to me that many companies will employ you underage in order for you to work below minimum wage. Personally, I think that washing cars is your best bet, theres nothing wrong with taking income from numerous sources, keeping your google adsense account, washing cars once a week and delivering the paper every day would bring in a nice income, these things take minimum effort. Plus once you see the money you won't really care either way.
I work 8 hours on a saturday till 11 at night in a chip shop, cleaning, serving customers, grating cheese, fetching stock from down the yard etc all simultaniously for minimum wage while also balancing college every day of the week. May not sound a lot but it is hard work - earning money is hard work which is something you need to understand.
I know paying for things yourself is hard, but it just makes you appreciate everything you earn a whole lot more - I promise you.

That's the lazy man's way of doing work. With the internet era here at its prime, ANYONE can make a LOT more money online than they ever could if they spent all day washing cars and delivering the paper.

A website is definately the way to go, because it is earning you money even when you're away, when you sleep or when you grow up and do something else for a living, that website is always there bringing in more money. And, the more websites you have, the more money you get.

But let me repeat this again, it takes TIME and EFFORT. You're doing well if you make $30 dollars in your first year. But after a couple of years, it really starts to pay off.
Building a website is NOT a get rich quick process. No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER get rich quick by building a site. But you will get a substancial income source, that will be there your whole life if you build the site right!