Microsoft behind again!

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@Trixter: Where you from orig?

I been here 12 years and came from the UK.
Edit:
Microsoft strikes again, no built in c compiler. doh...

Last edited:

Trixter

Reaction score
@DefecTalisman: Originally from the US.

Yep you get some of the compilers when you install the basic editions of Visual Studio otherwise you get NADT (Not A Damn Thing... for those of you who don't know) :(

Last edited:

mr kennedy

Reaction score
common give them a break they are working hard to do this

Oh Come on! they give the people a crappy product and you just say "give them a break"? Vista was a drawing board rush! it's not even worth the dollars you pay for! I'm waiting for SP1... and these pains in our asses get fixed by SP1 or Micro$oft will lose a big part of the world market share...

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@ mr kennedy: you paid for vista?
I got it as oem, so yes maybe I paid for it in the total of the laptop, but at least I didnt take it off the shelf and say here I want this.

@Trixter : forgive my ignorence, visual studio is what?

Trixter

Reaction score
Visual Studio = Visual Basic, Visual J+, C+, C++, C#, ect,

In other words its Microsofts coding package ;) Microsofts VEERRYY expensive coding package. :(

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
There are free editions of it, including C++ which has the FULL FEATURED C++ Compiler which is standards compliant.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/express/

The IDE's are a little cut down from their paid for counterparts but they are ideal for students.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
I get one error and one error only with vista: "Windows Explorer hast stopped working"

brianfast

Reaction score
Windows Vista isn't full of bugs. Its just lacking features/has to many features. Give M$ time...

syed1994

Reaction score
I'll say that M$ will just kill people with WinXP in 2010, a.k.a (Windows XP is no longer supported and developers are to make it compatible with the newer versions).

I use Vista [OEM] and I got like 10 errors each day, from CONFIG.NT, ActiveX, missing .NET component. I think Vista is doing sth like this:
If you install driver.dll, delete driver.dll
If you reinstall CONFIG.NT, delete CONFIG.NT by 3 days
If you install an old program, return "Runtime Error", "16-Bit MS-DOS Error"

Buying Vista would be cool only in Mar 2008, last time during WinXP launch, I bought it 8 months after the launch (in my country).

P.S. Vista is not based on Longhorn, which is based on XP (e.g. Vista's boot system is different from XP's boot system and that is why you cannot dual boot to XP because Vista will not load once you install XP).
P.P.S. That is why Vista came late, it should come in early 2006, they throw the Longhorn code away after like 1 year in development.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Ooohhh look, I'm cooooooool - I refer to Microsoft as M$!

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Eish, I wana be as cool as him. Hows it go M$ux or something?

@Bryon: nice dynamic sig, could i ask where you got it(doh, realized its a link)?(p.s. that infraction I got, when it says it deducted something. Is that credits and if so why so few?)

@microsoft: thanx for making my daily life an intresting one, couldn't imagine my day without windows errors. In fact I seem to remember when windows 3.1 came out. Dont remember getting any errors there.

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry corrected the post as I saw that. Its sunday on my side of the world, meaning last night was sat. night and theis morning could be a better one.

I must ask why your "Sig Rotator" always has 2 images if which neither show?

Trixter

Reaction score
I recently changed my Sub-Domain and haven't had the time to update it yet :D

mmm let me guess its aroung +-10H50 by you right :lol: cause thats the time by me :p

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, bolox. It is a bad day man. So hows the weather by us today? I am stuck inside right now.

Where in jhb you at man? I am in greenside running a restraunt(Mama Tembo's) You must stop by and have a drink on me man.
Edit:
P.S. Vista is not based on Longhorn, which is based on XP (e.g. Vista's boot system is different from XP's boot system and that is why you cannot dual boot to XP because Vista will not load once you install XP).

Just saw this now...

You can dual boot vista and xp, vista can multi boot to.

Go to microsoft communities for more information regarding this. Every day there is a new person asking how.
I am just stuck due to the fact I didnt get a CD with my Vista OS.
Also laptop deos funny things with ubuntu.

Last edited:

Trixter

Reaction score
I'm in Durbs not Gangsters Province :p but I'll definitely have to stop by and have a jaw sometime when I come up that way ;)

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Cool man, we selling this joint end of the month and opening another so the shop will be different, but the offer still stands.