Minecraft Server Modpack Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

continge

Reaction score
Hello, I host a Minecraft server for my friends, we are strictly reliant upon following Mojang's Minecraft EULA — we distribute content or "mods" created by third parties. These third parties have enacted their own legal contingencies that we also abide by, e.g. authors requiring permission from public and/or large projects, but most explicitly allow use and distribution of content bundled within a "modpack".
We do not, nor do we intend to: host, modify and/or publish any mods individually without permission from author(s). My issue is that the file used to update clients on x10hosting is being removed without notice - I fear I am not compliant with the ToS so I am here for clarification or a solution. My file is labeled "modpack.zip" and it contains jar files with third party code - it is NOT the Minecraft game. I have implicit and explicit permission to distribute these files; basically since the server is only for my friends and not a public project, I am allowed to distribute these JAR files in a bundle ONLY.

If these files aren't in violation of the ToS, may I have a folder named "updates" in my hosting that is exempt from the server scanning and deleting it? I do not mean to be in violation of the ToS and will not continue uploading such content if that is the case.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Per our Terms of Service, any file larger than 10mb would be erased; if the file is indeed larger (which is easily possible with Minecraft modpacks), the files would need to be hosted elsewhere and linked from the site, as there is not currently a way to "exempt" a specific account or specific folder from this limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.