MLP Thread

kittyca3

Reaction score
Welcome to the MLP Thread

MLP-show-title-card_1.jpg

Last edited:

richiezh

Reaction score
I personally don't watch the actual show, but do like the character design and animation. Care to enlighten me on what the show is actually about?

caftpx10

Reaction score
Funny enough, that's one of the reasons why I ended up watching it.
It's usually about the mane 6 (all the ones in the image apart from the small dragon [Spike] and the white Alicorn [Celestia]) and friendship issues. Each one of them represents an element in the elements of harmony. Near the end, they would learn a lesson about the situation (also being resolved) for that episode and say it out for Spike to write down it and to be sent to Princess Celestia. Of course, there's going to be a great story line to bring it to the viewer the most awesome way possible. The newer seasons do have a twist in things, like a lot of adventure, so you would have to often think about the episode to get the message rather than it being said out at the end like the older seasons.
Within the show, there are quite a lot of catchy songs, season 3 is no exception.
The show does get a few animation errors here and there, though one turned out to be a good thing and the second was within one frame, which shown something hilarious.
The humor is great as well, like the facial expressions can get to you.
There are some references and a lot of forth-wall breaking (oh Pinkie Pie).
There's a crazy amount of stuff that I haven't mentioned that makes the show great.

If you do want to watch it at some point, there's a lot of episodes on the DailyMotion, though they aren't really HD. I personally check YouTube first for any videos that would show it in HD or close enough to it. Also, when a new episode does come out, a few hours later after show time, I go on YouTube and watch it (the HD ones are usually up at the time) before they get removed like many others have earlier on. From what I've heard, you can watch it live if that's something you would prefer.

Last edited:

richiezh

Reaction score
Funny enough, that's one of the reasons why I ended up watching it.
It's usually about the mane 6 (all the ones in the image apart from the small dragon [Spike] and the white Alicorn [Celestia]) and friendship issues. Each one of them represents an element in the elements of harmony. Near the end, they would learn a lesson about the situation (also being resolved) for that episode and say it out for Spike to write down it and to be sent to Princess Celestia. Of course, there's going to be a great story line to bring it to the viewer the most awesome way possible. The newer seasons do have a twist in things, like a lot of adventure, so you would have to often think about the episode to get the message rather than it being said out at the end like the older seasons.
Within the show, there are quite a lot of catchy songs, season 3 is no exception.
The show does get a few animation errors here and there, though one turned out to be a good thing and the second was within one frame, which shown something hilarious.
The humor is great as well, like the facial expressions can get to you.
There are some references and a lot of forth-wall breaking (oh Pinkie Pie).
There's a crazy amount of stuff that I haven't mentioned that makes the show great.

If you do want to watch it at some point, there's a lot of episodes on the DailyMotion, though they aren't really HD. I personally check YouTube first for any videos that would show it in HD or close enough to it. Also, when a new episode does come out, a few hours later after show time, I go on YouTube and watch it (the HD ones are usually up at the time) before they get removed like many others have earlier on. From what I've heard, you can watch it live if that's something you would prefer.

"Mane 6." Very clever wordplay!

I have seen it listed on Netflix, and have seen clips here and there from YouTube. Though never watched a full episode.

BTW what's the deal with the one called Twilight Sparkle? I heard bronies have been quite displeased with her.

caftpx10

Reaction score
"Mane 6." Very clever wordplay!

I have seen it listed on Netflix, and have seen clips here and there from YouTube. Though never watched a full episode.

BTW what's the deal with the one called Twilight Sparkle? I heard bronies have been quite displeased with her.
I believe it's to do with what happened in season 5. If it really is, then saying the potential reasons could mean spoilers. It's best to discover it yourself in the correct season and episode order so that you may get a clear idea, unless you really want the spoilers.

richiezh

Reaction score
I believe it's to do with what happened in season 5. If it really is, then saying the potential reasons could mean spoilers. It's best to discover it yourself in the correct season and episode order so that you may get a clear idea, unless you really want the spoilers.

I personally don't mind spoilers for something long like a TV series. Plus I kind of want to get caught up on at least the most significant parts of the show.

caftpx10

Reaction score
I personally don't mind spoilers for something long like a TV series. Plus I kind of want to get caught up on at least the most significant parts of the show.
Okay. So, I think it was to do with her becoming a princess of friendship in the season 4 finale (changed into an Alicorn). From that point onwards, she had some episodes that were focused on her, as for the other episodes, it basically feels as if she's quite plain (AKA not so fun). Thing is that this isn't the case for the other 5.
I don't know anymore. It's pretty hard to explain and there's many other reasons that are out there. >.<

richiezh

Reaction score
Okay. So, I think it was to do with her becoming a princess of friendship in the season 4 finale (changed into an Alicorn). From that point onwards, she had some episodes that were focused on her, as for the other episodes, it basically feels as if she's quite plain (AKA not so fun). Thing is that this isn't the case for the other 5.
I don't know anymore. It's pretty hard to explain and there's many other reasons that are out there. >.<

Interesting. Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll check out the show when I have time.

proje129

Reaction score
Wow I sure was expecting someone to say "Dirty Bronies" so I'll say it.
You dirty bronies.
But now then isn't it just a wonderful show? I personally like how it is different from other kids shows by referencing back to old episodes as if it did happen, because it did, there are many guilty culprit shows that have this sort of "No memory" thing going on with the characters, and while I do understand the creators are trying to make each episode fun and unique enough to run on it's own without prior knowledge of events in it, it kinda gives the show more substance and value to it and makes me feel good for actually investing time in it, anther thing in particular I love is how well fleshed out the characters are, even the side characters and single time characters, almost as if they were based off real people...

Either way it's a pretty good show I'll admit.

aqwrocks

Reaction score
Mlp is nice series and so far has made a nice fan base due to this reboot series and I will say if you want to see MLP, you may like it and if you don't like it.

There is always the fan base there are a ton of friendly bronies or pegasisters who are kind and for the most part opened minded about most things.

And I don't know what happened in the S4 and S5 since I stopped watching it (S = season) But from what I heard it's doing well and It's good to hear that the series is well.

To sum it up.

* A pretty good fanbase for new fans

* The series is well made and animated quite good

* The mane 6 and background characters are a sight to see and they are funny for the most part. (Just my opinion.)

stempla2

Reaction score
It's definitely one of the better cartoons of this generation, although it doesn't really compare to shows like Gravity Falls or Steven Universe which have a continuous story as a much stronger presence. These days I mostly just watch for the fan content and so forth. :)

aqwrocks

Reaction score
Oh, it is and it still is but MLP seems to have a story near the start of a season that last for two episodes and season 4 had a story during the final "fight" And the rest of the episodes just seem to be there. I don't mind that but as you said "Gravity Falls or Steven Universe which have a continuous story" That is something I love in a series and I wish mlp did this but eh. Maybe MLP will have a continuous story The fan stuff is great. Fan games, fan movies, cartoons and so much more came out off this fandom and I'm proud of it. :3