Mobile version x10 forum should be created

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Hi,
I need the mobile version of x10 hosting forum so I can post on forums easily when I don't have the pc.I created this account, and 5 posts on this forum using opera mini and Ucweb.I think a mobile version of forum will be a good idea.This will allow more users to be part of the forum when they are mobile.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Would be convenient to have as well. When I'm on vacation and like to check the forums, I normally am causally reading the forum using my PSP. The current skin loads up terribly slow and deranged on there, and the archive mode is rather restricted as to what you can do.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
That would be nice.
The current theme loads fine on my iPod but it would be much easier to read on a mobile version.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
There is tapatalk installed now.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
It is platform dependent and not available for J2ME MIDP 2.1.So my nokia 6300 can't utilise it.It is not free if you want to edit the post.Read only version is free.
Whereas browser based version of forum will be free and platform independent.Vbulletin is paid software and I think there should be mobile plugin available for it.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
get a different phone? (I suggest iPhone), then do things I'm not legally allowed to discuss here, and get free stuffs.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I highly doubt x10 will create one in the next few years unless vB creates one before them...

Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
leafypiggy's; get a different phone? (I
suggest iPhone), then do things
I'm not legally allowed to discuss
here, and get free stuffs.
In india it's price is 45000rs(9000$) approx, which is unaffordable. :-(
This is not problem of myself alone.Therefore I put it here so we can have mobile version.Currently I am enjoying holidays and I know how much tough it is to post from a nokia s40 phone.So there must be mobile version of forum for ease of use on mobile phone.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
If you ever find a nice mobile skin for vB, post in on the forums and it could be imported into the forums.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of tapatalk for those who are wondering!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 34

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
If you ever find a nice mobile skin for vB, post in on the forums and it could be imported into the forums.
Thanks, I will do whenever I find one and other members should do it too.

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

I tried archive version(http://x10hosting.com/forums/archive/?pda=1) today, it detects mobile phone but each link redirecting to home page. I found a mod on http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228986 but users had some issues, posts in the thread indicates this.It don't have support for groups, which is latest feature in VB 4.0.4.

Last edited:

mattblog

Reaction score
Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Theres a plugin which a long time ago i requested this. Its for vbulletin but nothing has happened.

NEW MOBILE SKIN
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=174375

what would happen though is it would redirect to mobile version if your on a mobile. This i believe, would require a extra license of vbulletin.
Business logic is same and we are modifying style only, if we implement this.For mobile redirection we can use Tera -WURFL at http://tera-wurfl.com
Or no redirection or device detection is needed, just tell the user to go to http://x10.hosting.com/forum/mobile .This is place where our plugin will be.So how that would require extra licence of Vbulletin.
Thats just the feed though. Id rather have the actual forum.
I too.

ramamore24

Reaction score
Hi,
I need the mobile version of x10 hosting forum so I can post on forums easily when I don't have the pc.I created this account, and 5 posts on this forum using opera mini and Ucweb.I think a mobile version of forum will be a good idea.This will allow more users to be part of the forum when they are mobile.
you have said a right thing ............i really support u mobile version is to be relesed