mod_security | Error 406 | Mybb

Status
Not open for further replies.

magiclov

Reaction score
Hello.

I was setting up my forum using Mybb myself without the installer and all has been fine for a few weeks. I have made a few tweaks and now when i edit a certain code the error 406 appears. Here is what is sent.

Code:
Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /admin/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When consulting the Mybb Help Forum, I saw something about mod_security. Is it used on my hosting and are you able to remove it or can i remove it myself?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason this didn't pop up in my alerts until now; apologies on the delays.

@magiclov: Can you try it again and reply back as close to the same time as it throws that error? The logs unfortunately aren't going far enough back to see which mod_security log is responsible, but I did disable one of the more common rules that tends to cause problems with forums in particular, so the error may already be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.