Mod_Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

revelare

Reaction score
Hi, guys.

Is there any way for me to turn off the mod_security features on my site so that I can post proper links?

As it is, the spam features won't allow us to link to sites with more than one '%' in the title, meaning I can't even link to verified domains such as Wikipedia without using a link shortener, which seems to be a superfluous workaround.

I also cannot seem to link to my own forum inside my forum (such as, copying and pasting a link to the bookmarks of the User Control Panel throws an error).

My website is by invite only, which means that unauthorized users can't post messages, so anti-spam features aren't a requirement for me and it's only hindering the experience for my website's members.

Thank you so much in advance for the assistance.

aowsx10m

Reaction score
Add this to your .htaccess file

Code:
<IfModule mod_security.c>
  SecFilterEngine Off
  SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

caftpx10

Reaction score
Add this to your .htaccess file

Code:
<IfModule mod_security.c>
  SecFilterEngine Off
  SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>
That won't work with mod_security2 in the case of X10's free web hosting.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry this got missed; I've made some changes to the mod_security settings for your account to try and resolve this. Can you test it, and in the event it doesn't work reply back as close to the time you tested as possible? This will help us narrow down the error in the logs so we can ensure we're updating the correct "hit".

revelare

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the response, I sincerely appreciate it, Livewire. It appears to be functioning now, at least in regards to the intra-forum links, so all is well. :)

telecomt

Reaction score
I have a similar problem with mod_security which blocks all pages with <form> elements. How do we get X10 to solve it?​

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
@telecomt: I replied in your other topic about this; closing this as it makes it tougher to track if an individual problem is solved unless they're in their own topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.