Resolved More of an inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmeteor

Reaction score
I see that
Code:
proc_open
is disabled, meaning that it's every site on the platform, the problem is, apparently HumHub uses this function and I'm being spammed with error messages nonstop is there any way of getting this fixed on your end?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Some extensions will not be available on free hosting, I'll check in with head admins about this one though, but I would not count on it. So far you're the only one that has asked about it.

greenmeteor

Reaction score
Some extensions will not be available on free hosting, I'll check in with head admins about this one though, but I would not count on it. So far you're the only one that has asked about it.
Thanks for looking into it :D

caftpx10

Reaction score
If free hosting does not generally allow shell command execution, then I doubt such a feature would be permitted...

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Bumping for admin review. I highly doubt this will be approved. This is essentially shell access and very few hosts allow it. Even paid hosts don't allow shell access. There's just no good reason for it to be allowed.

greenmet

Reaction score
Would seem that proc_open is used in the Cron Job process of rebuilding the search index entries that are applied in the database, and would seem that it isn't fully blocked by the server as I can run the Cron Job to rebuild and it fail one second then try again and it throw a success message. Which is kind of annoying when you think about it... :banghead:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
crons do run under another user then apache which could be why it works through crons.

Keep in mind that any cron jobs need to be at least 5 minutes apart on free hosting, this applies if you have more then on running as well, if they collide at some point they may not run at all.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@greenmet Are you able to run your website normally now with Anna's information? Please let us know or this thread will be closed for inactivity. Thank you.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The Cron Jobs still have some issues but not as much.

We're here to help. If anything seems strange, all you have to do is ask. No reason to have things less than 100% unless necessary. And, someone else might have the same problem as you, and if I don't answer now, I'll have to do it later anyway. Well, assuming people search for the issue first, which they don't. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.