mp3 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecox10m2

Reaction score
Hello I am the owner of www.eco.x10.mx and I have made my own vieo uploading page and everything runs correctly but there is one problem if you upload an MP3 then it changes it to a text document but if you access the directory through your browser it views it as an audio file format but the html5 video player wont read it because it sees it as a text file too here is the main page www.eco.x10.mx/vid/index.php but all it does is show it loading the file but it never goes through please help me because I really don't wanna put a FTP php script to do all this plus I think it would be impossible anyways because it also uploads info to the MySQL database so please answer me back on the forums as soon as you can because me and my developers are stumped :|

-Will

sicelx10

Reaction score
You must have read the terms of x10hosting, look at this:

• Illegal Material: This includes all copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State, or Local regulation. You may not store copyrighted Mp3s or videos on your webspace in any way shape or form.

sicelx10

Reaction score
You have to delete that copyrighted mp3 audio from your hosting or you could get banned.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I can't see any obvious copyrighted MP3 files upon browsing the site? I have not browsed the directory structure so cannot confirm either way.

If the file is showing as a MP3 in the directory but your html5 script won't play it, that suggests to me it's a flaw with the script.

ecox10m2

Reaction score
I had come into that problem and made it to where the user could choose to let it be of download or not so if they upload it not only does it now store their user name but it also stores their IP address for each upload and that's only for security reasons sch as that so if anything happens like user loss or anything that will go into play also in the admin panel the admins can see weather is is copyrighted or not and will be taken down on the spot besides why are you making such a big deal about it I basically tested what my coding ability's were and made my own copy of youtube.com but made for ECO so please plus if i cant store any Mp3s in any way shape of form then why is YouTube still up sure it could be because its a major website but that wont stop the government anyways me and the developers got everything working again to top performance and we are thinking of Facebook integration later on so please when that comes up we hope you'll become part of ECO Video through the power of Facebook
@Sharky @sicelx10

-will

bmccoy11

Reaction score
Please. Use. Periods. At. The. End. Of. Your. Sentences. Or. Learn. How. To. Speak. English.

Anyways, I think that there is a flaw in your script that might be changing the file extensions to .txt. I doubt x10Hosting would mess around with MP3 files, because some people may upload their own music to their own websites. I haven't tried putting an .mp3 file on my website yet, but I'll try to as soon as my website is back up (I can't upload via FTP either, due to the migrations).

Status
Not open for further replies.