Murphey's Law of Life

ryoko126

Reaction score
Murphey's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. What are some examples that Murphey's Law comes into everyday life.

1. You spend all day cleaning the house and your husband comes home from his job... With muddy boots.

Last edited:

shaunak

Reaction score
You take hours to wash your car, and just when you finish, it starts raining.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You spend hours and hours of shopping to find the perfect video card, just to find out your Power Supply Unit simply can't cope with the additional power requirements.

You spend 10 minutes driving to work to find out you weren't scheduled for the day (but get paid money to work it anyways cause they're short handed - I'd rather just go back home).

You spend all day thinking about which frozen pizza to make when you get home to find out the fridge is broke, and theres no more frozen pizza, just melted-and-spoiled pizza.

You make the mistake of leaving your lights on which killed the car battery, just to promptly find out your cellphone died as well.

You just finish fixing the station wagon when the corsica dies the next day.

You spend 5 hours replacing a radiator because you're too damn cheap to pay someone to do it, just so you can plaster a 160 pound doe doing 67 in a 65 (and no, the radiator DOESN'T work if it's bent at a 90 degree angle in the center).

^ All true; thank god they didn't ALL happen to me specifically, or in the same time period (happened to people in my family over the last 5-10 years or so, so I guess we're doing ok).

They're all funny to laugh at now though :)

And yes, these DO count, since it seems in my every day life theres something to do with one of the old cars (95 geo tracker 12 years old that no longer has a working right blinker; electrical short in the steering wheel, complete with that "circuits-are-frying" smell and smoke), some problem at work, or something breaking around the house.

These are just the most choice *facepalm* moments of the last 5-10 years in my family :)

Last edited:

warlordste

Reaction score
happend to me couple of says ago walking the dog looking a mess fell over and cut open me knee and hurt me arm had to go find the dog in some woods came back out and who other than one of me mates telling me that me gf kissing another chap and then coming ome to find that a window in the shed is broke

shaunak

Reaction score
"Misfortunes dont come single handedly, but well armed and in battalions"

satbir

Reaction score
It is not that these kind of incident do not happen. They do happen but at the same time they all do not happen continusouly and solely. All these with lot of good experiences are part of thing called life. However it is that we only remember bad events in life and forget good events.

Good events happened to us are remembered by others only to compare how bad is there life comparison to ours.

So that is all part of the game called life of human beings.

Staind1982

Reaction score
An example of Murphy's Law happening to me.

I spent about $40 and 3 hours replacing my front driving light on my camaro. The day after replacing it I was driving down the highway and a 18-wheeler's tire blew apart right in front of me. A huge chunk of tire slammed right into the light, breaking it. Nothing else was damaged, not the bumper or grill, just the light. Man was I mad.