mWW (My Windows World)

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Here is a description of my site:
Taken from our "Statement of Purpose"

This site (my Windows World) runs with the purpose of bringing you, the "end user" a friendly community based enviroment in which to openly discuss the MS Windows platform. We are not just limited to that though. There are also places here to discuss every other aspect of Windows, meaning you can also get help with all your anti-virus and spyware problems and software in general.

We also provide a forum for you to discuss any hardware and case modification matters which you may have. In Joomla there are a number of different options avalialable to you as a member as well. We have everything from an image gallery to a downloads page to a top sites and reviews list. There are alot of other things here to to make your stay more enjoyable to.

All in all, mWW was created to give you a good clean, friendly place on the internet to come and relax and to be up-to-date on Windows and the world of technology, I hope you come in and join us and enjoy your stay.

Direct link:

my Windows World

Main Page:

HomePage

The site is running smf 1.1 RC2 and Joomla 1.0.8 with these mods installed:

Streaming 4.2.1b 4.2.1b
SMF Arcade 1.2.4b
Thank You Mod 1.01 (uninstalled)
Membergroup Color Legend 1.1
Google Member Map 0.51 (moved to Joomla)
Password Protect Boards 0.1
Users Online Today Mod 1.3.1
Ad Managment 1.0
SMFShop 2.0
PaypalDonations 1.4
CAPTCHA (code verification)
Download 1.1 RC2 (Moved to joomla)
SMFShop 2.0 to 2.1 Update
VisualWarning 1.3
SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update 1.0
Googlebot & Spiders Mod 1.0.5
nwsw.nwswAdminAttachAnything 1.0

UPDATE

DONE
* Google member map working and moved to Joomla
* Downloads section added
* News feeds fixed
* Forums re-ordered for better viewing
* Who`s online mod for Joomla installed
* clock installed on front page

In the works
* more member options for front page
* V.I.P section for paying (local) customers
* any ideas,lol.

Last edited:

ƒorte

Reaction score
Very cool for Windows Users that enjoy using Windows! (so that's... 0 people? lol)

Nice job with the site, though I'm not sure about that forum skin. It's too Mosaic cloudy.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I`ll take that into consideration. Is it just the background thats not appealing or the way the forum looks all together. Thanks for the compliment btw.

Colin

Reaction score
good work man. That must of taken quite awhile to make.... I'll have to check it out some more a little later

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Thank you very much. The site has gone through alot of changes since it has been up which is just under a year. Its doing good as far as I`m concerned. It doesnt have a million members or anything but its a good, friendly community with enough to keep you busy.

Colin

Reaction score
The only problem (not on your part I don't think) is it doesn't load/display properly at my school and I wondered if you would know why. You don't have any special thing on it do you. The reason I'm asking this is I help/run the schools network and website and want to make sure its not a major error. I think its just cookies/network restrictions, but I just want to make sure.

EDIT:: NVM it works now, it was just cookies (I'm at school :( )

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Glad it works, and that it wasnt a problem on this end.

Colin

Reaction score
Under school rules we're obliged (sp?) to have the network flawless and functioning properly, so I wanted to make sure I hadn't come across a major problem

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Its great to hear how meticulous you are with your work.

Colin

Reaction score
um sure, but first what does meticulous mean??

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
marked by extreme care in treatment of details; "a meticulous craftsman"; "almost worryingly meticulous in his business formalities"

It means you take pride in what you do. Your very careful not to make mistakes.

Last edited:

Colin

Reaction score
oh ok, mainly all I have to do is the website (check it out at: http://fhci.wrdsb.on.ca), but I am also responsible for making sure all computers are hooked up to the network properly and that they can view the internet correctly. Our school has a lot of computer/internet based programs and if the network/internet doesn't work properly they can't continue classes and lessons. Yes I am/we are very nit picky as we want things to run properly. Hope this anwsers your question.

Last edited: