My Advanced geustbook help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

your-ressurection

Reaction score
ok...i just came here from a new host where i had the powerful advanced geustbook (php and my sql based one). Unfortunately i couldnt transfer my entries and i need help restoring it. I know you can but i just dont know how. please help

here is my site: http://osirus.x10hosting.com

to anyone that can help...please speak up about it if you can-mike

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the MySQL backup?

your-ressurection

Reaction score
yea...i can send it to you if you like. but the reason i created this thread is so that members and admins and jsuty about anyone else can collaborate and make a guide so it could be helpful to other ppl with the same problem in the future

anyways i posted the mysql database below

Attachments

• mysql_db.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 37

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Since it's in a text what you would want to do is go into your cPanel, go into your cPanel and pick MySQL. Create the database with a user from there, then go into PHPMyAdmin and go to the query section, there is a place to upload the text file into that database. Try it out and let me know if you need any help.

-Corey

your-ressurection

Reaction score
BAH!!! confusing. If its not too much a bother do you think you could do it for me? and the ads arent working. I've tried averything and do the ads need to be on the geustbook?

your-ressurection

Reaction score
nvm..i fixed it...once again. I'm so proud of myself. To anyone else withtrouble just download the old 'public' folder through ftp and upload it and reaplace your new public folder.

nicholas

Reaction score
your-ressurection said:
nvm..i fixed it...once again. I'm so proud of myself. To anyone else withtrouble just download the old 'public' folder through ftp and upload it and reaplace your new public folder.

congrats to u...i am proud of u too. u wouldnt believe the kind of satisfaction u can get when u managed to solve and do something by yourself :eek:riginal:

Status
Not open for further replies.