My Crazy Site Statistics

tittat

Reaction score
I am talking about my site statics.I will explain below why i call it as crazy.My site is all about flash games(www.tmondo.com)
Well, as an average i got 1500-2500 visits/day(not at all bad for me).But on Saturdays and Sundays its as low as 200-400 visits/day(too bad for me).And this trend repeats every week of a month.Am wondering why it just happens and have no idea why.Any idea why?????Any tips to overcome this???

For me Saturdays and Sundays are the worst days.And the best are Tuesday through Friday.Whats yours???

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe you have a lot of people who go to your site when they're bored at work :)
Edit:
I think you need a leaderboard for the games. If you can get people playing competitively, they will spend more time on your site. And maybe have rewards for leaders, so people will want to get on the leaderboard.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I see. But you can play games as a guest. Maybe if you force people to register, they'll be more involved in the site. Or just have some games that you have to register to play.

Last edited:

kaiweilim

Reaction score
Maybe you could try only making the registered members able to play the games. During weekends, maybe people tend to go out. Therefore, you will get lesser visits.

That's what i suppose.

Regards

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Well, as an average i got 1500-2500 visits/day(not at all bad for me).But on Saturdays and Sundays its as low as 200-400 visits/day(too bad for me).And this trend repeats every week of a month.Am wondering why it just happens and have no idea why.Any idea why?????Any tips to overcome this???
Have you visited your site on the weekends yourself? Is it experiencing unexpected downtime?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Put a site tracker on your site to see if it is maintaining good uptime throughout the week and the weekends.
Secondly, I wouldn't recommend that you force people to register to play; it will put many people off the website. Always make registration optional unless it is a paid service, that's how I run my sites. Registered members can always have advantages, but there has to be enough there for guests to make them think it is worth registering.
Finally, in regards to your uptime, I can only assume that it is as previously suggested: people bored at work etc.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I am sure people go out on the weekends, which explains the lowered visit count. I bet your best members are kids playing either from school (especially if your site is not blocked) or procrastinating on school projects during the week. I played the snake game for about 30 minutes after reading this post :p

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If I wasn't so busy hanging out here at work, I'd probably be playing snake myself ;)

tittat

Reaction score
Have you visited your site on the weekends yourself? Is it experiencing unexpected downtime?
I dont think it is experiencing any unexpected downtime on weekdays, because its hosted at X10 Staff Server.(on same server where X10 is hosted) :)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe you could make a poll on your forum "what are you doing this weekend?"

mix999

Reaction score
Cool site, Its probably because most people do not play flash games on weekends. Also is your site hosted on x10?

tittat

Reaction score
Maybe you could make a poll on your forum "what are you doing this weekend?"

Wow, thats a great idea, but too bad my forum is not at all active to create a poll.Well, i will do something similar as you said.

Cool site, Its probably because most people do not play flash games on weekends. Also is your site hosted on x10?
Yes its hosted here at x10 itself(read my above post)