My lovely layout. :P

dest581

Reaction score
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3233/kbat9.png

http://www.dest.exofire.net/kb/

Link requires a browser that renders pages correctly. Internet Explorer does not render pages correctly. IE7 beta does, but half of the footer just won't load. :p

The original layout was designed by generationext. I modified it so much that it doesn't even look like theirs anymore, and most of the code has been changed. Here's the original: http://www.freelayouts.com/templates/view/2145

On the readme page, there is a summary of the php modifications on the page. The page also has a functional download manager I coded.

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice man!!
Really, i like it

jaygreentree

Reaction score
Not bad the only problem I see is in your html

Code:
 <!--[if lt IE 7.]>-->
shoulde be
Code:
 <!--[if lt IE 7.]-->

dest581

Reaction score
In order of posting:

fedlerner: thanks!
noerrorsfound: Why not? It doesn't decrease functionality. I still find tables easier to code than divs.
jaygreentree: thanks. I'll fix that asap.

Cubeform

Reaction score
dest581 said:
In order of posting:

fedlerner: thanks!
noerrorsfound: Why not? It doesn't decrease functionality. I still find tables easier to code than divs.
jaygreentree: thanks. I'll fix that asap.

Still wrong. The code should be like this:
HTML:
 <!--[if lt IE 7]>
 <script defer type="text/javascript" src="pngfix.js"></script>
 <![endif]-->
This is the correct use of the IE conditional. The code you had before was just a bunch of comments.

Also, tables are used for tabular data, that's why they're called tables.

Last edited:

dest581

Reaction score
I knew just copy/pasting that line from the site I got it from was a bad idea. Thanks, cubeform.

But what's wrong with using tables if they work?

Also, if anyone can figure out why the footer doesn't show up completely in IE7, I'd be quite happy.

omnirom

Reaction score
I love the layout, and I love how someone is coding everything from scratch as opposed to tweeking something already made!

I had the same problem as you with the footer not showing up in ie. What happens is if there is any conflict with the size or position of the footer, ie will just eliminate the footer completely, whereas in firefox, it would display the footer albeit in its deformed way. What you need to do is fix this "deformity", which might just appear fine in firefox. Try resizing the tables, shifting them pixels, etc. It should be easy to find the problem, at least when working with divs, lol.

And you'd be surprised how many people still use ie! :eek4:

dest581

Reaction score
omnirom said:
I love the layout, and I love how someone is coding everything from scratch as opposed to tweeking something already made!

Well, almost. :p I still credit generationext even though 98% isn't their code.

I'm going to go through the whole thing tomorrow and look for the rogue value. This is where the "IE Tab" extension comes in handy.