My Site HELP

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Dont you understand, It's NOT allowed. I dont care if it's legal or not, every hosting company has rules and that is one of them and it has been since the start. X10 could be liable for providing the stream. If you still would like to argue about this I will gladly terminate your account :)

-Tyler

Last edited:

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Ok I will stop fighting. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
randomtalkradio said:
Ok I will stop fighting. Thanks for your time.
Ok, Thanks make sure you take that radio off there asap.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Can the radio be a real radio station form the internet? Mojo or radiohabbo? their their own stations. Or can the radio be hosted on a shoutcast server and site on x10?

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
randomtalkradio said:
Can the radio be a real radio station form the internet? Mojo or radiohabbo? their their own stations. Or can the radio be hosted on a shoutcast server and site on x10?
I'm quite sure thats also not allowed but i'll ask Tyler about it.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Thanks. Please reply asap. Like can the radio be hosted somewhere else like its a diff radio.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
randomtalkradio said:
Thanks. Please reply asap. Like can the radio be hosted somewhere else like its a diff radio.
No, It can not be in your template which is hosting on x10. Sorry.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Last quesstion. Can there be a link to the radio(hosted sumwhere else) or a popup box with the radio(hosted sumwhere else)?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure on the rules for online radio stations, if you wanted to do some research on this topic and post back we might beable to work something out.

Right now we're pretty much going on the 'better safe than sorry' side. I'm not sure how internet radio stations compare to RL ones regarding the rules and regulations.

-Corey

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Ive done some research into online radios. Here are some examples:

www.habbohut.com - it is an international radio station run by some teens in Toronto. They have a 24/7 scheduale. They are very well known. It is based on a virtual game caled HAbbo Hotel.

www.habbofm.co.uk - This like habbohut is based n habbohotel. It is run in England by Teens. it also runs on a 24/7 scheduale.

Both radios have been open for atleast 2 years.

what is an online radio.

Its streaing music or your voice through the internet from either a host or your own computer(mine my computer). You use Winamp to do so. You can also use sam brodcaster.

Last edited:
B

Brandon

But they aren't hosted on X10 and they might have permission.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
DesertWar said:
But they aren't hosted on X10 and they might have permission.
i'm Quite sure they buy radio hosting also.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Actually one of them is hosted of the owners pc i know one of the techies there.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand how it is ran, I'm talking about the legalities of it. Ex: You play Greenday, you pay Greenday Royalties.

My company is a US based company and also the servers are US based. I would need info on whether it is allowed if you purchased the music (which normally it is for personal use only) or any other info similar to that.

Linking to known radio stations doesn't help as they might have received permission or have some deal worked out.

-Corey

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Ive searched some servers and some sites heres what Ive found. Hosts are not for radios actions. Meaning if any governemnt stuff happends its not you guys who get the blame.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Just because people say that in their TOS, etc, doesn't mean it is true. I could put "x10 is not responsible for it's users actions" etc, but they can still pull my server ;). I'll look into this some today and let you know what I find.

Either way you're not allowed to stream music from our servers per our resources rule. This would only be for you linking to another stream somehow.

-Corey

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Thats what ive been doing my site links to A DIFFERRENT STREAM, http://www.24.100.132.182:81726354 thats the radios link. Meaning the people who play music/talk on that link are responsible. You are not because your not its host.

Last edited:
B

Brandon

BUT YOUR LINKING IT FROM X10. Close this thread and weren't you banned once from X10.